RJ and Izzy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

RJ and Izzy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

RJ and Izzy

Postby Rapps5 » Fri May 23, 2003 2:29 pm

when will Randy Johnson and Jason Isringhausen be back from their injuries? I am holding one of them on the DL and one on the bench, and its costing me bigtime right now, so I really need them back. When are they due back?
Rapps5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nisly » Fri May 23, 2003 2:38 pm

regarding Izzy, this is from the Stl Post:

"Closer Jason Isringhausen will throw another bullpen session at PNC Park in Pittsburgh this weekend and is on course to make a brief rehab assignment within two weeks. Isringhausen is expected to pitch a simulated inning or two against several teammates when the team returns from its trip".

They are intentionally being very vague about it, because the last time the set a return date, izzy stressed it too much and suffered a minor setback. I would guess that he comes back in about month.
Nisly
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jdh » Fri May 23, 2003 2:58 pm

RJ is probably back in 3 weeks or so. I wouldn't be surprised if Izzy's return date keeps getting pushed back and back even until the second half of the season. I have a gut feeling he might not be back this year (a la Rob Nen) and even if he is, he won't be able to pitch back to back days, reducing his save totals. If there are any closers at all available on the wire, I'd drop Izzy for one of those, since the save totals are likely to be similar and you get productive use of the roster spot.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers