Dialup who uses it still? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Dialup who uses it still?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RynMan » Sun May 15, 2005 8:33 am

blankman wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:
RynMan wrote:Man, I wish I had dialup. All we have so far down here in Australia is a paper cup attached to the back of the computer, which is attached to a long string, attached to another paper cup at the back of the server's computer. :~(

Thats because you live in some backwater dirt town thats filled with kangaroos and wombats. :-D

don't forget the koalas and dingos

We dont really ride bikes, Kangaroos are much faster. :-D

Seriously its amazing how much you DONT see those animals down here. Maybe cuz I live in a city.... :-?

But hey, we don't see guns down here either, so it's not all bad. ;-)
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fireball Express » Sun May 15, 2005 12:03 pm

I signed up for a special deal from Verizon, DSL, Direct TV and Long Distance Phone. Guy came down to install the dish on my roof. Couldn't do it due to too many trees in my yard. Then I went to hook up the DSL. No Network Interfacing Card in my PC. Well at least I got a good deal with the long distance calling.

One good aspect about dial up is that I don't get annoying phone calls when I'm on line. I hate the telephone. Oh I'm also the last person on Earth without a cell phone.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Sun May 15, 2005 12:11 pm

Fireball Express wrote:I signed up for a special deal from Verizon, DSL, Direct TV and Long Distance Phone. Guy came down to install the dish on my roof. Couldn't do it due to too many trees in my yard. Then I went to hook up the DSL. No Network Interfacing Card in my PC. Well at least I got a good deal with the long distance calling.

One good aspect about dial up is that I don't get annoying phone calls when I'm on line. I hate the telephone. Oh I'm also the last person on Earth without a cell phone.

FE.......You don't seem to mind but you can get a network card installed on your computer for cheap. Then, you can get DSL.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Fireball Express » Sun May 15, 2005 12:29 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:I signed up for a special deal from Verizon, DSL, Direct TV and Long Distance Phone. Guy came down to install the dish on my roof. Couldn't do it due to too many trees in my yard. Then I went to hook up the DSL. No Network Interfacing Card in my PC. Well at least I got a good deal with the long distance calling.

FE.......You don't seem to mind but you can get a network card installed on your computer for cheap. Then, you can get DSL.

That could be an option, thanks. I don't know much about PCs, but I'm sure I can figure it out.

Also Verizon will soon be offering TV via fiber-optics. I have a friend who works for Verizion and the in house name fo the project is "Kill Cablevision".
I have issues with Cablevision myself. I only have a DVD player hooked up to my TV at home. At work I have managed to avoid paying for cable with the aid of some creative wiring. I can't see myself giving money to Dolan, of all people. He's a greedy thief and he owns the worst run hockey team in the NHL (is there still an NHL?). Being an Islanders fan makes this choice easier for me. I also hope they build the West Side Stadium in NYC just to take more money out of the bastard's pocket. }:-)
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Tue May 17, 2005 2:07 am

Fireball Express wrote:Oh I'm also the last person on Earth without a cell phone.

Nah, I'm right there with you on that one. No cell phone for me. Believe it or not, I've still got a pager. Lol. :-b I call back when I feel like it. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to General Talk