Dialup who uses it still? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Dialup who uses it still?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Sat May 14, 2005 12:10 am

bobby wrote:I have a Cable modem and it kinda sucks. THere are times when it doesn't work for hours because there are outtages in the area(that's what the cable company tells me anyway). It gets pretty annoying.

Heh, my DSL went out once and within 2 minutes I was on the phone cussing my provider out. It was back on within 5 minutes of me getting off the phone. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mustangs989 » Sat May 14, 2005 12:43 am

blankman wrote:
kingctb27 wrote:If you don't really need the internet for buisness and such thing you really don't need DSL.

Oh how wrong you are my friend. I'd go nuts if I were ever back on dial up :-o

Agreed, I could never go back to dial-up. High Speed internet is great, I'd suggest it to anyone who doesn't have it ;-D
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby RynMan » Sat May 14, 2005 1:38 am

Man, I wish I had dialup. All we have so far down here in Australia is a paper cup attached to the back of the computer, which is attached to a long string, attached to another paper cup at the back of the server's computer. :~(
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat May 14, 2005 12:10 pm

RynMan wrote:Man, I wish I had dialup. All we have so far down here in Australia is a paper cup attached to the back of the computer, which is attached to a long string, attached to another paper cup at the back of the server's computer. :~(

Thats because you live in some backwater dirt town thats filled with kangaroos and wombats. :-D
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby blankman » Sat May 14, 2005 1:08 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
RynMan wrote:Man, I wish I had dialup. All we have so far down here in Australia is a paper cup attached to the back of the computer, which is attached to a long string, attached to another paper cup at the back of the server's computer. :~(

Thats because you live in some backwater dirt town thats filled with kangaroos and wombats. :-D

don't forget the koalas and dingos
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat May 14, 2005 5:48 pm

blankman wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:

don't forget the koalas and dingos

"Well, a dingo ate your baby!"
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby The Punisher » Sat May 14, 2005 6:01 pm

Great Seinfield quote Cubsfan ;-D

Anyway ya know that commercial for Cox where the guy throws his computer out the window because he has dial up connection and he screams stupid dial up, ya thats how I felt with it so its exactly why im off that now
Screw the Peavy and Burnett Watches, I'm probably one of the laziest people in the world
The Punisher
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby acsguitar » Sat May 14, 2005 6:46 pm

I nominate this for quote of the year
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Amazinz » Sat May 14, 2005 6:54 pm

I think it depends on how much you use the Internet. I know several people who still use dialup but it's cool for them because they only use it occasionally and they just it to surf the Web. Many of us obviously use the Internet A LOT :-) so high speed connections are a blessing.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Sat May 14, 2005 6:58 pm

Amazinz wrote:I think it depends on how much you use the Internet. I know several people who still use dialup but it's cool for them because they only use it occasionally and they just it to surf the Web. Many of us obviously use the Internet A LOT :-) so high speed connections are a blessing.

yes the internet is my god
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk