Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri May 13, 2005 10:17 am

CLE fans - whats going on with VMart?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Darkie Satchels » Fri May 13, 2005 11:01 am

I made some bold decisions last week: One was never-ever waste a draft pick on Kazblewy Matsui. Second, drop the weak legs on your team and take a chance. That being said, I dropped V-Mart and Kablewy. It's really crazy when someone like Inge is your star catcher in your fantasy team. I was really dissapointed with how high I drafted him.

Live and learn. I think everyone should learn not to wait on this guy until after the ASB. Put him on the wire and watch him get juggled from team to team more times than that girl in high school your bring up when your drunk.

Great indie Music Website: http://www.pensatos.com
Darkie Satchels
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Fri May 13, 2005 11:24 am

Darkie Satchels wrote:I made some bold decisions last week: One was never-ever waste a draft pick on Kazblewy Matsui. Second, drop the weak legs on your team and take a chance. That being said, I dropped V-Mart and Kablewy. It's really crazy when someone like Inge is your star catcher in your fantasy team. I was really dissapointed with how high I drafted him.

Live and learn. I think everyone should learn not to wait on this guy until after the ASB. Put him on the wire and watch him get juggled from team to team more times than that girl in high school your bring up when your drunk.

I wouldn't drop someone like VMart but that's just me. He is too talented to continue flopping around like he has been.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri May 13, 2005 11:36 am

Yoda wrote:
Darkie Satchels wrote:I made some bold decisions last week: One was never-ever waste a draft pick on Kazblewy Matsui. Second, drop the weak legs on your team and take a chance. That being said, I dropped V-Mart and Kablewy. It's really crazy when someone like Inge is your star catcher in your fantasy team. I was really dissapointed with how high I drafted him.

I wouldn't drop someone like VMart but that's just me. He is too talented to continue flopping around like he has been.

yeah, dropping the #1 C from last yr after a month into the season isnt the type of insight I was looking for.

Does anyone know or have a suggestion as to why he is slumping?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bselig » Fri May 13, 2005 11:43 am

Dropping the #1 catcher from last season, Irod (or maybe Lopez) would have indeed been poor advice, especially since this thread isn't about the #1 catcher from last year. Dropping Vmart sounds like a bad move as well, though - I know he still has substantial trade value in my league.
[b][size=35]25[/size][/b]
bselig Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RAmst23 » Fri May 13, 2005 11:50 am

I think it's a question of what you could get for him in your respective leagues. Sure, you could trade VMart, but if the most you can get is say Placido Polanco, maybe it's just better to drop him? Course I think it would be better to just stash him on the bench, but not every team can do that..
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Yoda » Fri May 13, 2005 11:51 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Yoda wrote:

yeah, dropping the #1 C from last yr after a month into the season isnt the type of insight I was looking for.

Does anyone know or have a suggestion as to why he is slumping?

Started off slow last year as well. His K/BB is fine so it just seems like he is hitting the ball right at people.

I still think he will be fine. He's obviously burning people who drafted him early but patience is a virtue. I'm just glad I got him with a 10th pick and also drafted Mauer as his back up.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dice » Fri May 13, 2005 11:54 am

I've traded for VMart in two leagues. For Colon straight up a couple of weeks ago, and for Kendall and Turnbow in another just now.
Dice
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Fri May 13, 2005 11:59 am

Martinez was considered the best fantasy catcher last year and for this year by quite a few people more knowledgable on the subject, selig. Considering that he outperformed Pudge in 3 out of the 5 traditional categories, and was a wash with Lopez, I'm really wondering why you would make such a dumbass claim, other than just to try to be snide.
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bselig » Fri May 13, 2005 12:14 pm

Sorry sir, but it isn't dumb nor is it a claim. I based my statement on standard 5x5 leagues. Both Irod's and Javy's averages shattered Vic's last season, making them better catchers in 5x5 leagues. The numbers don't lie, fella.
[b][size=35]25[/size][/b]
bselig Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers