Who has more value Hafner or Ollie? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who has more value Hafner or Ollie?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who has more value Hafner or Ollie?

Postby Phatferd » Fri May 13, 2005 3:24 am

I would post this on the trade forum, but its late and most people are in here and this guy wants to work the deal out tonight.

I give up Ollie for Hafner. I have Helton at 1B, but I have ARAM and Beltre at 3B and Util and I need to bench ARAM I think. I want to put Beltre at 3B and make Hafner my Util.

What do you think?

Rotation is: Haren, Bonderman, Zambrano, Bedard and Eaton. If Perez comes around he will make this a solid Rotation, but I just lost a lot of faith in him.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beltrans_boy » Fri May 13, 2005 3:27 am

I'd hold onto Ollie. Your rotation is in pretty sorry shape, and it doesn't sound like you need a whole lot of hitting.

Of course, it all depends on what kind of league this is. Can you post your rosters?
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thehat » Fri May 13, 2005 3:30 am

I'd make the deal and that's got nothing to do with the horrid Perez start to the season. I had Hafner rated higher than Perez before the season started.

Hafner is especially valuable to your team, as you will have the luxury of benching him vs. lefties, which will actually increase his value on your team.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Phatferd » Fri May 13, 2005 3:32 am

beltrans_boy wrote:I'd hold onto Ollie. Your rotation is in pretty sorry shape, and it doesn't sound like you need a whole lot of hitting.

Of course, it all depends on what kind of league this is. Can you post your rosters?

Actually my SP has been good enough. I win the majority each week. I don't care abotu ERA, I want Ks our league is geared towards Ks.

Anyway I somehow got him to add Pujols for Helton....

The final trade was Helton and Ollie for Pujols and Hafner. I didn't think twice when I somehow got Pujols.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thehat » Fri May 13, 2005 3:40 am

Phatferd wrote:
beltrans_boy wrote:I'd hold onto Ollie. Your rotation is in pretty sorry shape, and it doesn't sound like you need a whole lot of hitting.

Actually my SP has been good enough. I win the majority each week. I don't care abotu ERA, I want Ks our league is geared towards Ks.

The final trade was Helton and Ollie for Pujols and Hafner. I didn't think twice when I somehow got Pujols.

Jeez! You know that swampland you need to unload? I think you've located a buyer.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Phatferd » Fri May 13, 2005 3:51 am

He really needs pitching, but damn, he didn't even put up a fight. He could have asked for Harden, or Bonderman at least...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby beltrans_boy » Fri May 13, 2005 3:55 am

Wow.

Pujols and Hafner for Helton and Ollie.

Good job! ;-D
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Phatferd » Fri May 13, 2005 4:02 am

Thanks, I am afraid the message board in our league will shoot it down. It's not that bad, I definately worked him, but I gave him Helton who is number 2 at 1B, even though the gap is wide.

Btw, I have Harden not Haren. It shouldn't be allowed to have 2 pitchers on the same team who share the same name minus 1 letter.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Phatferd » Fri May 13, 2005 4:12 am

My team:
R. Hernandez
Helton
Roberts
Young
ARAM
Drew
Dunn
Abreu
Beltre -util

Harden
Bonderman
Zambrano
Eaton
Bedard
Nathan
Dotel
Turnbow

His team: He just trade Huff and Manny for Pujols and Mueller
Kendall
Pujols
Uribe
Jeter
Hillenbrand
Burnitz
Lawton
Sosa
Hafner-util
Bonds-DL

Mulder
Vazquez
Buerhle
Suppan
Wolf
Cordero
Rincon

I am suprised he didn't ask me for one of my 4 closers, he only has 1.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LouisC9999 » Fri May 13, 2005 10:34 am

Phatferd wrote:

The original trade was Ollie for Haf. Helton and Pujols then become throw-ins. Am I the only one here that can't make any sense of this?
LouisC9999
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers