Cards' Tickets - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to St. Louis Cardinals

Cards' Tickets

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cards' Tickets

Postby JTWood » Thu May 12, 2005 8:40 pm

This is mostly for Pogo and j_d, since I'm pretty sure they both live in the area. This could be for Dominicon_Lou who goes to WashU (hee hee - alliteration). SotD, I thought you were a displaced Cards fan, but if I'm wrong, this is for you, too.

I stumbled onto 4 tickets to the game the other night, and I had a hard time finding a 4th person to go. I eventually did, but I was thinking that it would have been nice to write or call one of you guys to see if you wanted to go.

Pogo and I were at the same game the other night and got to meet. It's pretty cool getting to put some faces to the names on here. Anyways, if you guys want to put together a little contact list of Cafe Cards' fans, I'd be cool with that. We could either plan on all getting together one day, or we could just try to contact each other on a day when we have an extra ticket or two that we need to sell or give away.

Anyways, just an idea. We would want to use the PM system because I've heard rumors of CubsFan and DieHardCubbie visiting this place from time to time. We couldn't have them getting hold of our personal info, could we guys?

}:-) :-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu May 12, 2005 10:17 pm

Very cool idea. ;-D I'm in Lexington, so I can't exactly jump in the car and head to the park on a whim, but I appreciate the thought. :-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri May 13, 2005 8:24 am

Sounds like a good idea. I probably won't be going to another game for a while. I've seen 4 this year - All Losers :,-( :-C . Plus my wife and I are expecting our first child to arrive in 2 months. ;-D ;-D
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby JTWood » Fri May 13, 2005 8:38 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:Sounds like a good idea. I probably won't be going to another game for a while. I've seen 4 this year - All Losers :,-( :-C . Plus my wife and I are expecting our first child to arrive in 2 months. ;-D ;-D

Congratulations! What better way to welcome your new child into the world than with the crack of a bat and the roar of the crowd.

:-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri May 13, 2005 9:09 am

JTWood wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:Sounds like a good idea. I probably won't be going to another game for a while. I've seen 4 this year - All Losers :,-( :-C . Plus my wife and I are expecting our first child to arrive in 2 months. ;-D ;-D

Congratulations! What better way to welcome your new child into the world than with the crack of a bat and the roar of the crowd.

:-D

Thanks. Little babies at the ballpark is definitely one of my pet peeves. Especially when the weather is either very hot or cold. It would be cool to take her to Busch before it is torn down but with her expected arrival being late July/ early August the first game she will go to will be in the new stadium.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Fri May 13, 2005 1:27 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:Little babies at the ballpark is definitely one of my pet peeves.

Ugh, same here. :-P I especially like it when there are little kids down in the prime court-side/field-level seats during important playoff games. I know parents want they're kids to go to the game and stuff, but that's what the regular season's for, leave the prime seats at the important games to the real fans. Hehe. :-D

Oh, and congrats on the new addition. ;-D Gotta keep ahead of those Cub fans. :-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Fri May 13, 2005 3:30 pm

sounds interesting but i live in enemy territory (chicago). i dont make it to stl very often. thankfully someone invented mlb.tv though.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby JTWood » Fri May 13, 2005 6:57 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:sounds interesting but i live in enemy territory (chicago). i dont make it to stl very often. thankfully someone invented mlb.tv though.

You don't get to meet them very often, but when you do get to meet one of our frontline troops, you should make sure to thank them.

I salute you, sir!

JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Tue May 17, 2005 4:04 pm

JTWood wrote:
j_d_mcnugent wrote:sounds interesting but i live in enemy territory (chicago). i dont make it to stl very often. thankfully someone invented mlb.tv though.

You don't get to meet them very often, but when you do get to meet one of our frontline troops, you should make sure to thank them.

I salute you, sir!

thank you sir. honestly though, i probably caught more heat growing up in the border town of peoria. cubbie fans there constantly tried to convert me. in chicago, most of the cub fans are either too worried about beating the chisox, too busy talking on their cell phone, or too busy blaming goats and bartmans to be much of a threat.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby denny_32 » Fri May 27, 2005 11:20 am

I know I may be a little out of place for this topic, but I am a displaced fan (living in PA). I will finally get to my first (and last) game at Busch Staduim this year. A great 12 hr drive to see them play the Cubbies on July 23rd. I'll be leaving Friday sometime and heading back directly after the game. Does anyone know of a decent (yet cheap) place to stay that Friday night. I'm hoping to be no more than 2 hrs out of StL so the rest of the trip to the game isn't too bad. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
denny_32
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to St. Louis Cardinals