Who to start II? Prior, Washburn, Webb? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who to start II? Prior, Washburn, Webb?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who to start II? Prior, Washburn, Webb?

Postby cincyreds » Fri May 23, 2003 11:52 am

Who should I start?

Prior is @ Houston tonight and has a career 1-2 with 4.45 era. He facing Linebrink who has an era over 6 against the Cubs.

Washburn vs. D-Rays? Washburn is a career 5-0 with a era of just over 3.

Webb @ San Diego. He has never faced the Padres before, but he has looked pretty good so far this season. He hasn't given up more than 3 ER in each of his starts.

Just by looking at those numbers and I am thinking of just starting Prior and Washburn and letting the rookie have a seat. Traditionally, the Padres, D-Rays are bad teams while the Astros have a chance to take 1st place in the NL Central if they sweep the Cubs this weekend?

Should I start Washburn and Prior and let Webb sit? Or should I start Webb and Washburn and sit Prior since he is pitching in the homer happy Astro field?

Thanks.
The BIG RED Machine will rise again.
cincyreds
Member #1000
Member #1000

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby John Bonzo » Fri May 23, 2003 12:09 pm

start all three
John Bonzo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby KDOGG » Fri May 23, 2003 1:44 pm

well put bonzo; that was easy huh? i agree!
KDOGG
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby jdh » Fri May 23, 2003 2:13 pm

Definitely start Washburn, with his record against the DRays, and since the DRays have pretty weak offense and even worse pitching means that he has about a 90% shot at getting a win. Webb is also probably a decent start, since he's facing the Padres, who could well be without both Kotsay and Klesko tonight, which makes them little better than a AAA team, plus it's in a hitters park. Depending on your scoring format, innings cap, etc., I might be a little more cautious about using Prior. Houston is an extreme hitters park and they have a lineup that can really light an opposing pitcher up.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby HOOTIE » Fri May 23, 2003 3:34 pm

There is no way i bench Prior for a kid with 3 starts. Prior is in. Since TB has been scoring 7-8 runs all weak, go with Webb. SD is the nl version of Detroit.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Return to Baseball Leftovers