M's fans you gotta read this! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

M's fans you gotta read this!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby getoffmywalrus » Thu May 12, 2005 8:10 pm

I kinda hope the M's do what the Sonics did a couple years ago and go back to their original colors (royal/gold). They've had the same boring navy/green for 12 years now.

Oh and to the above post, it's not OUR fault that Ichiro brings half of Japan out to Safeco everyday, most of whom read crazy Asian pop magazines while waiting for I-CHI-RO to get up.
"Carl Everett's the best player in baseball, just ask him." -Ryan Dempster
getoffmywalrus
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pedantic » Thu May 12, 2005 8:37 pm

nuggets wrote:
Pedantic wrote:
I wasn't saying it wasn't. It just seemed like some folks were taking it a little seriously. I prefer Canzano to Hunt though.

As a cynical observer of many a giddy Mariners fan and the inevitably following Ichiro-mania, however, I think the M's would be better served by looking into the "We Have a Bad Team" Curse. Now there's a curse they can actually do something about.

Oh that's cool, didn't know you knew the writers so well.

I agree, Mariners fans tend to be a little "giddy" and if not that, big time a-holes, you notice that?

They certianly don't have a bad team though. They are one good SP from contention. IMO the have the best player in the AL, good D, good power and a good pen.

The Oregonian is my hometown paper. :-b

About the M's though, they just don't seem to have the pieces to be good enough that one pitcher would do the trick. I think it's clear that no matter where Beltre's season stats end up, they won't be getting their money's worth out of him. So I don't think their offense is going to be even close to what they thought it could be. I mean, they're only 2-3 against Oakland so far. That's, uh, not a good sign, for any team. To contend, their offense is going to have to hit the afterburner big-time and I just don't see that happening.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby nuggets » Fri May 13, 2005 5:58 am

The Oregonian gets to my house before the local paper, usually. Once Sexton and Beltre see all these new pitchers a second time around it'll be a different story.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers