My league is about ready to impeach me... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

My league is about ready to impeach me...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BigMusky » Thu May 12, 2005 6:23 pm

Most trades are unbalanced....if you have excess talent at one area you have to sometimes offer more in that area to get talent in a deficent area. That is part of being a good owner and balancing your team. Most people do not look at those kind of things when evaluating a trade and just putting the players up there really is no way to say whether it was a good deal. Sure some people say that they could have gotten more, well maybe not if the team needs of better players did not match up. You obviously play with a bunch of idiots.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Guru » Thu May 12, 2005 6:26 pm

nuggets wrote:
wrveres wrote:I see nothing wrong with the trades that you put up there, are they perfectly balanced, no. But certainly not "Veto" worthy.

Sounds like a league with a buuch of crybabies in it to me.

interesting, I play in one of those too .. ;-7

WR, this isn't balanced:

ocmusicjunkie wrote:G Anderson, Loretta, Mora = Kolb, Wakefield, Lowell, Ward

I would have tried to see if the managers could work out something more fair so this doesn't happen

bleach168 wrote:I wouldn't expect them to return next year however.

True it is not balanced, but if the team that was getting Kolb was desperate for saves I can see someone doing it. Lowell career wise puts up similiar numbers to Garreet Anderson. Loretta used to be only a good batting average player, he could think he will go back to those numbers.
(^) (o) - "Let's Hug it out"
The Guru
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Laean » Thu May 12, 2005 6:57 pm

i use the exact same trade policy. stick to your guns. i agree with if they don't like those trades, they should stop accepting them.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu May 12, 2005 7:07 pm

In one of my leagues, Soriano went for Buehrle and King Felix, so these trades are a 100 times better than that.

I'm against vetoing trades, but in favor of finding leagues were these trades don't happen. That's my plan.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby gws226 » Thu May 12, 2005 7:10 pm

I have never made a trade in my entire life that was balanced.

I only click the accept button on a deal if I think Im taking the other manager as a sucker, lucky for me he must think Im a sucker too because he always accepts....muahahhahaha!
If you found my advice helpful, please help me
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Punisher » Thu May 12, 2005 7:11 pm

Hey your doing the right thing, trade vetoing is retarded because then trades barely get through, and its not like those trades are totally lopsided. And if those members dont like it then I would say they can leave because im sure there are 100's of other people out there that would want to take over that team
Screw the Peavy and Burnett Watches, I'm probably one of the laziest people in the world
The Punisher
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Kingctb27 » Thu May 12, 2005 7:17 pm

Okay, so you guys wouldn't veto that trade? I def. would. This is how leagues get unbalanced. You can't just "sit back" and get run into the ground. I'm in a keeper league were someone has Beltran, Pujols, Tex, Abrue, A-Rod, RJ, Santana, Prior, and Schmidt. We did the same thing you guys said to do last year in the league and just "sat back". Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice.......er.....it won't happen twice :-)
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby bleach168 » Thu May 12, 2005 7:21 pm

kingctb27 wrote:Okay, so you guys wouldn't veto that trade? I def. would. This is how leagues get unbalanced. You can't just "sit back" and get run into the ground. I'm in a keeper league were someone has Beltran, Pujols, Tex, Abrue, A-Rod, RJ, Santana, Prior, and Schmidt. We did the same thing you guys said to do last year in the league and just "sat back". Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice.......er.....it won't happen twice :-)

I agree with you. However, ocmusicjunkie specifically said "no vetoes unless it's collusion or first rounder being handed away for free." His hands are tied now.

In my league where thehat is commish, he traded Renteria and Hafner for Santana. That was one helluva lopsided trade. But the rule there is no vetoes, so I can't really complain. I doubt I'll play in his league next year though.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby gws226 » Thu May 12, 2005 7:43 pm

I think there are alot of circumstances to be considered before anyone hits the veteo button. What are the condition of the teams involved, positions needed, players the new players will replace in the lineup.

I've learned recently that cash leagues managers tend to get more desperate earlier in the season because... well, if they don't make changes now they are more likely subject lossing out on the prizes.

A first place team may be more inclined to hold on Chavez's, Vmarts, Matsui's etc etc, but for the guy who is already 15-20 games back, he has to move now on it, sell players low and take more or less quantity/specialized players in return....... and in my instance (click link below) what appears to be a more loopsided trade then it really is.
If you found my advice helpful, please help me
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BeefSandwiches » Thu May 12, 2005 7:45 pm

bleach168 wrote:But the rule there is no vetoes, so I can't really complain. I doubt I'll play in his league next year though.

I think this is the key - seven billion leagues exist because people want to create your own style and make your own rules. A rule was made for no veto without collusion and that's that. Everyone here would be bashing the commish if he buckled no matter what the rule. If the owners don't like it, they can move on - there are plenty of people to fill their spots.

Don't give in ocmusicjunkie! ;-D
BeefSandwiches
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers