Postby Rowand » Thu May 12, 2005 9:41 pm

i got an amazing stat he never won anything in his life
AAROONNNNN RO WAND!
Rowand
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Fri May 13, 2005 9:59 am

Is there a White Sox player that has done so as a member of that team? Is there a White Sox fan that has actually seen a White Sox champion team?
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri May 13, 2005 12:53 pm

Rowand wrote:i got an amazing stat he never won anything in his life

All-Star

Awards
1985-AL-MVP
1985-TSN Player of the Year
1993-Lou Gehrig Memorial Award

Gold Gloves
1985-AL--1B
1986-AL--1B
1987-AL--1B
1988-AL--1B
1989-AL--1B
1991-AL--1B
1992-AL--1B
1993-AL--1B
1994-AL--1B

Silver Sluggers
1985-AL--1B
1986-AL--1B
1987-AL--1B
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby Tavish » Fri May 13, 2005 1:06 pm

Rowand wrote:i got an amazing stat he never won anything in his life

No doubt. Ted Williams, Ernie Banks, Carlton Fisk, Barry Bonds, Ty Cobb, Ryne Sandberg, Harmen Killebrew, Ralph Kiner, Ken Griffey Jr, Frank Thomas, and Rod Carew all agree Mattingly is overrated because he couldn't win a World Series.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri May 13, 2005 2:32 pm

Lmao at the last 3 posts. :-b
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 53)

Postby HOOTIE » Fri May 13, 2005 11:50 pm

Don was a good player but will never make the HOF.

As far as low K numbers, it looks nice, but in reality, how often you make outs, is way more important. The difference between a 50 K hitter and 150 K hitter over a season, is very small, about 2 runs created.

TAVISH, interesting you name Cobb as your guy. I like Ruth/Bonds 1-2 as far as overall players. Hitter i go Ruth, although Bonds and Ted are close. Had Ted not lost 5 key years, he could be there. Ruth lost abs pitching, and won nearly 100 games. Hard to top Ruth.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 291)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby -Slap- » Sat May 14, 2005 12:09 am

DannyMyron89 wrote:the "man" is Ruth...

it would have been bonds if he didnt take steroids and put up those numbers from 2001-2004.

Also ruth hit more homeruns then TEAMS, and has to be the greatest player of all time because he was a dominant hall of fame bound pitcher too.

also you guys are talking about guys who didnt strike out look at Cobb. i know he didnt see 97 mph heaters but he went FOUR YEARS in a row with 550 plus at bats without striking out, and NEVER grounded into a Double PLay.

my Ty Cobb stat of the day..

also Ruth has the career slugging percent title of all time, its way over 600, if you do that for one season you are a top player, his career average was way over that, and he didnt juice, and not too mention he has 7 rings with New York and Boston...

So if ur gonna say Ted Williams or Bonds is the greatest player ever lets see them dominate on the mound...

Well said and completely true. Ruth's lifetime slugging percentage was higher than B*nds' highest single season slugging percentage pre-BALCO.

Ruth never corked his bat. The B*nds apologists try to smear everyone in pathetically transparent attempts to make B*rry look like less of a cheating scumbag. Take away his drugs and B*nds is top 50 all time, but he'll still retire without a Ring, with plenty of post season choke jobs in his legacy.
Aaron 755
Ruth 714
Mays 660
Griffey 593
Robinson 586
Killebrew 573
Jackson 563
Schmidt 548
Mantle 536
Foxx 534
-Slap-
College Coach
College Coach

Postby HOOTIE » Sat May 14, 2005 12:43 am

-Slap- wrote:Ruth never corked his bat. The B*nds apologists try to smear everyone in pathetically transparent attempts to make B*rry look like less of a cheating scumbag. Take away his drugs and B*nds is top 50 all time, but he'll still retire without a Ring, with plenty of post season choke jobs in his legacy.

Lot of hate for BB in that post. Ruth was caught corking, although it doesn't change my opinion of him, since nearly everyone who has played, has cheated in some form. Bonds didn't start taking till 2000 as far as i know. He was the player of the 90's roids free (3 mvps). That 02 post season by Bonds has been equaled by few. Had SF had a bullpen, Bonds has a ring. Don't blame the one guy who put SF there.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 291)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers