Shmitty on the DL?!?!?!. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Shmitty on the DL?!?!?!.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Shmitty on the DL?!?!?!.

Postby wpsiforgot » Thu May 12, 2005 2:26 am

Help! I just made a blockbuster trade essentially involving trading away santana for schmidt (and mesa, don't worry). but schmidt has been inconsistent and is now apparently on the DL. 1) any specific news on his injury, or is it just cause hes been sucking it up lately and 2) is there an UNDO button in Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball? I want Santana back!
wpsiforgot
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigMusky » Thu May 12, 2005 1:24 pm

If you were observant....the cafe has been predicting this DL stint for the last week because of the decreased velocity on his fastball and poor control. Hopefully you can weather the storm and the Schmidt of last year returns.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Thu May 12, 2005 2:47 pm

A) He went on the DL 5/10. If you were offered (and accepted) a trade after that date, it seems the other owner is not one to be trusted.

B) According to Rotoworld:

Jason Schmidt said tonight that he expects to come off the disabled list once his 15 days are up.

Schmidt also acknowledged he's been dealing with a weak shoulder all season, comparing it to someone trying to hit a tennis ball with loose strings in the racket. ''I figured better now than later, get it taken care of,'' he said. ''I just kind of felt I wasn't doing a whole lot to help this team right now. I wasn't at my best. Instead of fighting through it, let's get it taken care of right now. It's the end of the season that counts.'' That didn't seem to be the opinion of the Giants when Schmidt was throwing 131 pitches in an outing two weeks ago. It's very possible that he won't be right for the remainder of the season.

That's the latest I've read.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby LouisC9999 » Sat May 14, 2005 11:43 am

Dawgpound 1613 wrote:A) He went on the DL 5/10. If you were offered (and accepted) a trade after that date, it seems the other owner is not one to be trusted.

There's noone to blame for not doing your homework if this is the case.
LouisC9999
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Sat May 14, 2005 4:51 pm

I'm just glad I traded him and got Clemens in the deal BEFORE he went on the DL. Clemens may end up with a record reminiscent of Nolan Ryan's days in Houston (8-16 ring any bells? ;) ) but he's certainly going to do better in the other pitching categories than a hurting Schmidt would do.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Return to Injuries & Player Updates