Hermanson....... Is it offical?? (and my next fcloser pick - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hermanson....... Is it offical?? (and my next fcloser pick

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hermanson....... Is it offical?? (and my next fcloser pick

Postby gws226 » Wed May 11, 2005 9:33 pm

They let him pitch 1 2/3rds tonight for the save.

I know I should appreciate my circumstances, but Im in a hold league & Im happy with my closers: Krod, Dotel, Brazoban/Gagne DL

My first hold grab of season was brazoban..... currently a closer
My second hold grab was Hermanson...... closer now?

Whenever one of these guys becomes a closer, I have to either drop a solid player or try to orgistrate a 2 for 1 to free up a roster spot for another RP for holds or punt the catergory.

For all of you that wish you had the same luck as me :( , I have eyeballed Jorge Julio as my next hold guy.
If you found my advice helpful, please help me
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FlawedReasoning » Wed May 11, 2005 9:48 pm

Noooo! Take your eyes off him... I'm a very happy Ryan save owner. Leave Julio out of your dastardly hold schemes! :-o
FlawedReasoning
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Justus » Wed May 11, 2005 9:59 pm

Don't get too comfortable with Hermanson being the closer. Joe Borowski is about a week away from his return, and I think Dusty Baker will be quick to reinsert him into the closer's role. Look for someone in your league thats hurting for saves, and convince them that Hermanson is the man in Chicago. If he buys into it you've gotten max value for Hermanson and you've also freed up a roster spot to pick up a good setup man off of the waivers.
Justus
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby gtabaplayr1 » Wed May 11, 2005 10:02 pm

[quote="Justus"]Don't get too comfortable with Hermanson being the closer. Joe Borowski is about a week away from his return, and I think Dusty Baker will be quick to reinsert him into the closer's role. Look for someone in your league thats hurting for saves, and convince them that Hermanson is the man in Chicago. If he buys into it you've gotten max value for Hermanson and you've also freed up a roster spot to pick up a good setup man off of the waivers.[/quote]

Umm.. Dusty Baker doesn't coach the WhiteSox and Hermansen doesn't pitch for the Cubs.
Borowski=Cubs
Hermansen=White Sox
gtabaplayr1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby gtabaplayr1 » Wed May 11, 2005 10:03 pm

Why the hell do quotes not work for me, can anyone help?
gtabaplayr1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mustangs989 » Wed May 11, 2005 10:06 pm

gtabaplayr1 wrote:Why the hell do quotes not work for me, can anyone help?

In your profile make sure you have BBCode on. Also at the bottom of your posts make sure "Disable BBCode in this post" is not checked.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bobby » Wed May 11, 2005 10:07 pm

I'm hoping Hermanson gets the job fulltime. I'm losing Brazoban soon(when Gagne comes back), and I need another fulltime closer.
bobby
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Justus » Wed May 11, 2005 10:09 pm

gtabaplayr1 wrote:
Justus wrote:Don't get too comfortable with Hermanson being the closer. Joe Borowski is about a week away from his return, and I think Dusty Baker will be quick to reinsert him into the closer's role. Look for someone in your league thats hurting for saves, and convince them that Hermanson is the man in Chicago. If he buys into it you've gotten max value for Hermanson and you've also freed up a roster spot to pick up a good setup man off of the waivers.

Umm.. Dusty Baker doesn't coach the WhiteSox and Hermansen doesn't pitch for the Cubs.
Borowski=Cubs
Hermansen=White Sox

Alright, I feel like a total idiot now. I've had a long day. If Hermansen pitched for the Cubs, that would be good advice, right?
Justus
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby gtabaplayr1 » Wed May 11, 2005 10:11 pm

Justus wrote:
gtabaplayr1 wrote:
Justus wrote:Don't get too comfortable with Hermanson being the closer. Joe Borowski is about a week away from his return, and I think Dusty Baker will be quick to reinsert him into the closer's role. Look for someone in your league thats hurting for saves, and convince them that Hermanson is the man in Chicago. If he buys into it you've gotten max value for Hermanson and you've also freed up a roster spot to pick up a good setup man off of the waivers.

Borowski=Cubs
Hermansen=White Sox

Alright, I feel like a total idiot now. I've had a long day. If Hermansen pitched for the Cubs, that would be good advice, right?

Oh no doubt, that would be money advice then ;-D
gtabaplayr1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby gws226 » Wed May 11, 2005 10:31 pm

hehehehehe........ He would probably be the next hawkins if he was on the cubbies. I wish they would just make a move over there already. Didn't Borowski tank last year too?
If you found my advice helpful, please help me
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers