anyone giving up on kendall - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

anyone giving up on kendall

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby West » Wed May 11, 2005 9:11 pm

I haven't seen Kendall hit, but I think duckbillgates is right, he is just adjusting to the new league. I also hope there is nothing wrong with his swing (again, I wouldn't know because I haven't seen him hit). On the bright side, he is putting the ball in play (only 13 K's in 119 AB), and is showing patience at the plate (13:13 BB:KK). We can only hope that he has been unlucky. I can't afford the roster spot to pick up a backup catcher, so I am stuck with him.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 89)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gws226 » Wed May 11, 2005 9:14 pm

Piazza is not the right fit for the A's. They are a budget team, know better. If Piazza is delt, it will be a contender with bugdet of closer to 100million a year then the 40 the A's spend.

I dunno if Piazza has no trade or not, but I think the Mets would of gotten rid of him last winter if they really could of.

In regards to kendall, Im looking for alternatives...... Phillips is FA and kendall will be benched while I wait for Gagne to come back.
If you found my advice helpful, please help me
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby colt4523 » Wed May 11, 2005 9:20 pm

I would like to bench him but there is no free agent catchers worth a roster spot. I honestly thought I had a real steal when I drafted him. :,-(
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)

Postby AlexF6262 » Wed May 11, 2005 9:39 pm

Are any of these guys worth pickin up to replace Kendell with for the time being....

M. LeCroy (Min - C,1B)
J. Phillips (LAD - C,1B)
M. Barrett (ChC - C)
M. Matheny (SF - C)
A. Pierzynski (CWS - C)
B. Schneider (Was - C)

Im thinkin Phillps, or Barrett maybe??? What have other Kendell owners done?? :-?

Pujols, Sheff, Carpenter, Delgado... all the way to the top!
AlexF6262
College Coach
College Coach

Postby great gretzky » Wed May 11, 2005 9:49 pm

don't get me started on this.

I have been debating this for the better part of the week -- whom is the best option?

barrett, estrada (on our wire), philips, lecroy. I ended up saying screw it, cut barrett went with philips. Guess I will find a way to get estrada too, but that involves cutting nick johnson, which I am loathe to do.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby big D » Wed May 11, 2005 10:12 pm

I thought i was getting a steal early on when i traded away Kendall for V-mart. They both are sucking ass right now!
big D
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby brenzie » Thu May 12, 2005 8:41 am

I drafted Kendall for $15 in a salary cap league. Dropped him last Sunday and picked-up Phillips for a $1. No one else in the 10-team league has rushed to pick him up and I doubt if anyon does, unless their catcher goes on DL for some reason.
Kendall has very little to offer at this point. No runs, no power, no SB's and no prospects.
brenzie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TONYMONTANA » Thu May 12, 2005 9:46 am

i dropped him tues. morning. picked up lo duca off waivers. 8 team league. i missed out on lo duca's HR later in the day. in the words of another kendall owner who dropped him..."i feel liberated"
TONYMONTANA
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Thrill » Thu May 12, 2005 10:10 am

I had both Kendall and Piazza in my eight team H2H league and dropped Kendall about three weeks ago. He has since been picked up and retained (so far).

I also had Kendall in a 10 team league in which I had Piazza and Lo Duca. I dropped Kendall about the same time and he has since been picked up and not dropped (yet).
The Thrill
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 33)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby daullaz » Thu May 12, 2005 12:14 pm

TONYMONTANA wrote:i dropped him tues. morning. picked up lo duca off waivers. 8 team league. i missed out on lo duca's HR later in the day. in the words of another kendall owner who dropped him..."i feel liberated"

I picked up LoDuca in my 12 team league and benched Kendall. I'm going to give him a little while longer (that is, until I need his roster spot for something else) to break out of his funk.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers