anyone giving up on kendall - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

anyone giving up on kendall

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

anyone giving up on kendall

Postby cy23young » Wed May 11, 2005 6:25 pm

i really have been patience on kendall, but man he really is stinking it up this year. anyone else picked up another catcher yet?

estrada and phillips are options i am thinking about. should i wait it out or should i pick up one of the options.
cy23young
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 195
Joined: 1 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby swackee » Wed May 11, 2005 6:32 pm

he just hit the wire in my league...and probably a lot of others. Let's face it...their whole team can't see the ball right now!
swackee Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 51
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Virginia

Re: anyone giving up on kendall

Postby Rkiivs » Wed May 11, 2005 6:48 pm

cy23young wrote:i really have been patience on kendall, but man he really is stinking it up this year. anyone else picked up another catcher yet?

estrada and phillips are options i am thinking about. should i wait it out or should i pick up one of the options.


Grab a scrub and bench Kendall. He still has time and upside to have value. I'd bench him right now (which I've been doing). For me, he's got a least to the All-Star break to get unfunkyfied.
Rkiivs Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Innovative Member
Posts: 927
Joined: 9 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby duckbillgates » Wed May 11, 2005 6:57 pm

Don't expect his recent 10 steals. Won't happen. His caught-stealing rate is way too high for a team like the A's to send him often.
That having been said, he has been a huge second-half player the past two years, batting in the .320s after the break.
I say he is still adjusting to the new league. If you can find a suitable waiver replacement, you could certainly bench him now, but I advise against dropping him outright.
duckbillgates
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1216
Joined: 1 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: under a dead Ohio sky

Postby RynMan » Wed May 11, 2005 7:19 pm

duckbillgates wrote:Don't expect his recent 10 steals. Won't happen. His caught-stealing rate is way too high for a team like the A's to send him often.
That having been said, he has been a huge second-half player the past two years, batting in the .320s after the break.
I say he is still adjusting to the new league. If you can find a suitable waiver replacement, you could certainly bench him now, but I advise against dropping him outright.


Well said. ;-D
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed May 11, 2005 7:55 pm

Yes, I am trying to do the same thing. In my one 10 team league I managed to get Ramon Hernandez off the WW. Hopefully he can fill in until Kendall starts to figure it out. ;-D
Image
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3455
Joined: 22 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Castle, PA

Postby benjapage » Wed May 11, 2005 7:57 pm

in my 12-team mixed-league keeper, i dropped him for phillips...whom i might drop for hall. too many catchers that hit for average to be sitting on kendall as if he were the golden egg.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2767
Joined: 26 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Postby reznorsboy » Wed May 11, 2005 8:01 pm

Kendall will come around. He is too good a hitter to just suck all the sudden. give him time and he will get comfortable and then look out. Benching him for now is prolly the best bet
Image
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2617
Joined: 21 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park

Postby swingaway » Wed May 11, 2005 8:46 pm

In real life baseball im surprised kendall hasen't been dealt to the mets for piazza since isnt he piazza in the fianl year of his contract?
Piazza , diaz, and met prospects for dotel, kendall :-?
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1638
Joined: 6 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at the cafe

Postby Pedantic » Wed May 11, 2005 8:49 pm

swingaway wrote:In real life baseball im surprised kendall hasen't been dealt to the mets for piazza since isnt he piazza in the fianl year of his contract?
Piazza , diaz, and met prospects for dotel, kendall :-?


Why in God's name would the A's want Piazza? :-?
Image
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 6725
Joined: 5 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Funny movie quote that everyone knows

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Oct. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact