Beltran 1 SB THIS YEAR! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Beltran 1 SB THIS YEAR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Wed May 11, 2005 9:12 pm

SominaDei wrote:Beltran is a chronic slow starter... where have you people been? Did you really expect Willie Randolph to send the linchpin of his team to steal a base when his real value is in centerfield and at the plate? If you drafted Beltran hoping for 40-40 in the Mets system, you should have done your homework. He's still a top 20 player folks, everyone dumping him now will regret it.

And as for Beltre... you really thought one monster year equates a superstar? How many guys have had one huge year and fallen off? Quite a few. He'd done absolutely nothing worth noting before last year and now he plays in a pitchers park in an overrated lineup. Again, if you expected similar numbers as last year, you need to do a bit more research.

If Beltre contiunes to flop, then he will go down as the biggest bust hitter I ever had. I'm never wrong about a hitter I draft in the top 3 rounds (notice I said hitters, pitchers I've been wrong a lot).

It's still early and it seems like he is adjusting some. His 2nd half was HUGE in 04 so I I'm hoping for the best.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers