Oh no! A Cessna 150! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Oh no! A Cessna 150!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Thu May 12, 2005 11:00 am

davidmarver wrote:
Madison wrote:I'd love to hear the pilot's excuse for flying into a restricted airspace. Must be a doozy. :-b

Yeah, Kevin Brown should be getting a call soon.

haha nice

Its funny though because also a bus could drive into DC packed with tons of explosives but thats ok. Them flying things are scary though!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WharfRat » Thu May 12, 2005 12:41 pm

It's been a pretty odd week, between the Cessna thing and the grenade they found near the podium while Bush was speaking in Georgia. I only work a few blocks from the White House, and it's kind've creepy when this stuff happens.

I just think its funny that these massive planes are constantly flying right next to the city but a little plane flies over an imaginary line and its like the world is ending

Did you know there's a 30-minute rule on planes inbound to DC? If you're out of your seat within 30 minutes of touchdown, they divert the plane elsewhere and you get yourself a file with the FBI, and your name gets added to a "do-not-fly" list, which is a pain to get removed from. It almost happened to someone in my office, who was flying into DC from Alaska. She got up and the stewardesses all panicked, but nothing happened. The pilot later told her it was because they were like 15 seconds away from entering into the 30-minute window. I'd hate to fly all the way from Alaska to DC, only to have to end up going elsewhere because you had to go to the bathroom at the wrong time. :-/
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby acsguitar » Thu May 12, 2005 1:29 pm

WharfRat wrote:It's been a pretty odd week, between the Cessna thing and the grenade they found near the podium while Bush was speaking in Georgia. I only work a few blocks from the White House, and it's kind've creepy when this stuff happens.

I just think its funny that these massive planes are constantly flying right next to the city but a little plane flies over an imaginary line and its like the world is ending

Did you know there's a 30-minute rule on planes inbound to DC? If you're out of your seat within 30 minutes of touchdown, they divert the plane elsewhere and you get yourself a file with the FBI, and your name gets added to a "do-not-fly" list, which is a pain to get removed from. It almost happened to someone in my office, who was flying into DC from Alaska. She got up and the stewardesses all panicked, but nothing happened. The pilot later told her it was because they were like 15 seconds away from entering into the 30-minute window. I'd hate to fly all the way from Alaska to DC, only to have to end up going elsewhere because you had to go to the bathroom at the wrong time. :-/

Yea the 30 minute thing is crazy too..I hate that! I hate flying all together but that makes it really bad cause I'm super nervous about flying and I hate being told that I "HAVE" to sit in my seat! Crazyness...flying sucks...
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to General Talk