Foulke blows it again.... anyone else REALLY worried ?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Foulke blows it again.... anyone else REALLY worried ??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby beltrans_boy » Wed May 11, 2005 6:51 pm

Whatever, I'll take the BS this week.

My opponent had Clement.

;-D
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby d18Mike » Wed May 11, 2005 7:07 pm

I can't believe that anyone seriously contends that a closer sporting a 7.49 ERA and has by all accounts pitched horribly since the beginning of the season is an absolute lock to hold to the role.

History is riddled with one-time ace closers who just couldn't get it done anymore. Occupational hazard. There are freaks: Mo, Gagne, Eckersley, Hoffman ... but closers rarely have a shelf life of more than 3-4 good years. Just take a look at today's rosters.

I'm not by any means saying that this is the case with Foulke but it happens like clockwork.

I hope the guy who has Foulke in my league is as blindly enamoured with him. Does wonders for my WHIP, ERA and S standings. ;-D[/i]
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Onyx » Wed May 11, 2005 8:33 pm

A bit more Info from RotoWorld

Keith Foulke coughed up a three-run lead in the ninth today, but he still got the win after the Red Sox came back against the A's.
A one-out walk followed by a double and a single brought the A's to within one run with two outs in the inning. That brought up Eric Byrnes, who battled back after two quick strikes and lined a two-run homer over the Green Monster, giving the A's the lead. Foulke's velocity is still down, and because he's having trouble getting outs with his fastball, he's using his below average slider too often. That was the pitch Byrnes crushed today. Until Foulke resumes throwing 88-90 mph on a regular basis, he'll probably remain shaky. May. 11 - 4:59 pm et

:-?
Onyx
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers