Trade Tips and Crazy Commissioners - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade Tips and Crazy Commissioners

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nuggets » Wed May 11, 2005 4:01 am

What do you think of this guys advice on Berkman. I think he's off on the Mench, Jenkins comparison.

By Jonathan Gangi

Lance Berkman – Instinct would tell you that Berkman will get better as he shakes off the rust. And he very well may. However, people tend to underestimate the effects of injuries. Look how long it took for Preston Wilson and Corey Patterson to get back to peak performance. Oh yeah, Wilson is still not there. A slight drop in power puts Berkman in a class with Kevin Mench or Geoff Jenkins. Wait until his first good game and then move him while his value is still based on anticipation.

Full article:
http://fantasybaseball.rotoworld.com/co ... ryid=12592
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Tips and Crazy Commissioners

Postby wavetide007 » Wed May 11, 2005 4:33 am

nuggets wrote:What do you think of this guys advice on Berkman. I think he's off on the Mench, Jenkins comparison.

By Jonathan Gangi

Lance Berkman – Instinct would tell you that Berkman will get better as he shakes off the rust. And he very well may. However, people tend to underestimate the effects of injuries. Look how long it took for Preston Wilson and Corey Patterson to get back to peak performance. Oh yeah, Wilson is still not there. A slight drop in power puts Berkman in a class with Kevin Mench or Geoff Jenkins. Wait until his first good game and then move him while his value is still based on anticipation.

Full article:
http://fantasybaseball.rotoworld.com/co ... ryid=12592

very interesting... this man either has more information about Berkman's injury than the general public or he has been bitten by the injury bug once too many times.. I had Magglio last year, that was bad enough.

Who knows, he may be right in the end... it all depends on his ability to rebound.
wavetide007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby agchris02 » Wed May 11, 2005 6:12 am

Im perhaps one of the biggest mench homers in this cafe and i even laughed when i read that. Berkman is simply one of the best OFs out there -- WHEN HEALTHY. Unless the writer knows something about berkmans health that I dont, i think he'll post a full recovery and be very healthy. He didnt rush this at all (ala bonds) and its a differant injury and at a differant time of the yr than the one that kepts mags out
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers