selling high on garland?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

selling high on garland??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Webster11 » Wed May 11, 2005 9:04 pm

If you can land someone like Morneau for him, do it. But if youre not getting good players id hang on to him and see what happens, if he keeps it up his value will continue to increase. If you can trade him for a more safe player id do it though
Webster11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Wed May 11, 2005 9:13 pm

New Zealand Fan wrote:His bubble will burst in a big way tomorrow night against the O's. If you can shift him, then do it today.

Yeah, I think he has been very lucky thus far.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Justus » Wed May 11, 2005 9:15 pm

How does Inge + Garland for Freddy Garcia sound? I've got Mauer at C, so Inge is basically a backup.
Justus
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Wed May 11, 2005 9:34 pm

warrick95 wrote:Definitely sell high, though I really dunno if anybody's buying his hot start.

;-D and ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby jayman » Wed May 11, 2005 9:40 pm

someone offered me garland for bay.
rejected it. i don't buy the hot start.
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Justus » Wed May 11, 2005 9:54 pm

Garland's DIPS is 3.53. His BIPA is .218, so he has been a little lucky. His K/9 is a paltry 3.83, so he isn't really striking anyone out. His K/BB is 2.71, so he isn't walking anyone either. His GB/FB ratio has been great at 1.72, but its a little high compared to his career average of 1.32. My prediction is a bit of a regression, but nothing too horrible. I'll predict his ERA to be 3.65, he'll end up with 15 wins, a little over 100Ks, and a WHIP of 1.15.

Bench him tomorrow vs. Baltimore.
Justus
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby uucrook3d » Thu May 12, 2005 1:04 am

yeah, like i said in my first post i got vernon wells and d. lowe for garland and andruw jones, so i am pretty happy about that. figure lowe will give me good numbers even though he is streaky. hopefully wells will come out of his funk. hate to give up andruw but i had too many braves on my team. did not want to get a full team shutout...
uucrook3d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu May 12, 2005 8:59 pm

Justus wrote:Garland's DIPS is 3.53. His BIPA is .218, so he has been a little lucky. His K/9 is a paltry 3.83, so he isn't really striking anyone out. His K/BB is 2.71, so he isn't walking anyone either. His GB/FB ratio has been great at 1.72, but its a little high compared to his career average of 1.32. My prediction is a bit of a regression, but nothing too horrible. I'll predict his ERA to be 3.65, he'll end up with 15 wins, a little over 100Ks, and a WHIP of 1.15.

Bench him tomorrow vs. Baltimore.

3 IP...no hits allowed, 3-0 lead... :-o

I really want to try a Garland/Chavez for Sheets (I get Sheets), but if he's going to pitch as well as Sheets, I don't want to give him up! :-S
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mktgteach » Thu May 12, 2005 9:39 pm

I have an owner in my 16 team dynasty that has offered me Mike Mussina for Garland........comments?
Go Hokies!
mktgteach
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby pmacxx2 » Fri May 13, 2005 12:43 am

Anyone still looking to deal after tonight's performance? He pitched pretty damn well against what a lot of people are calling the best offense in baseball. He made some huge pitches, especially the change up to Tejada with runners on the corners in the 8th. His 2-seam was moving all over the zone, and when a pitch moves that much all a batter can do is smack it into the ground, which leads to double plays. The only mistake he made all night was when he left a 2-seamer up to Palmeiro. He's gonna end up with 18 wins, 200+ inn, 140 K's, and 3.00 era. I'll take that.
Stretch! Stretch!
pmacxx2
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers