Just realized I have a max innings pitched limit... whoopsie - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Just realized I have a max innings pitched limit... whoopsie

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Just realized I have a max innings pitched limit... whoopsie

Postby Simulacrum » Wed May 11, 2005 12:53 am

My commish told me my league had "no restrictions whatsover". However, tonight I discoved it does look like we have a max innings pitched limit. Check out my team's statistics-

Innings Pitched-

Remaining-

Projected-
1311.2 (+61.2)

Maximum-

I'm quickly burning innings here and it looks like I could blow it if I keep rotating as many pitchers as I have been. Here's the pitchers I've been using, starting them whenever they're on the hill-

SP- Zambrano, Halladay, Dontrelle Willis, Clement, Odalis Perez, A. Pettitte, Garland, Bedard

RP- Lyon, Lidge, Hermanson, Turnbow

What strategy should I employ from now on? Start pitchers only when they have favorable matchups? Or try to trade several lesser pitchers for an Ace? Or maybe trade for great closers, since I am hurting in saves?

I'm kinda worried here, what should I do? I'm leading the league in wins, but not by a lot... same with K's. I'm losing big in the ERA and to a lesser extent the WHIP category. 9 team roto style.

:-o
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rirruto » Wed May 11, 2005 12:55 am

You could go with a 4-man rotation and bench everybody else
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby rich101682 » Wed May 11, 2005 12:57 am

Definately deal for a stud. You have great pitching anyway, so trading 2 for 1 stud starter or packaging a pitcher with a bat won't hurt you. The advantage of going 2 for 1 goes to you. You get a great player back and you can then start picking up ace MR's like Shields and the like to help with those other pitching stats. It may not seem like much, but over the season, MR's can really help those ratios.
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

Postby Jmon » Wed May 11, 2005 1:10 am

What is your scoring system?
Jmon
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: Just realized I have a max innings pitched limit... whoopsie

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed May 11, 2005 1:21 am

_Simulacrum_ wrote:My commish told me my league had "no restrictions whatsover". However, tonight I discoved it does look like we have a max innings pitched limit. Check out my team's statistics-

Innings Pitched-

Remaining-

Projected-
1311.2 (+61.2)

Maximum-

I'm quickly burning innings here and it looks like I could blow it if I keep rotating as many pitchers as I have been. Here's the pitchers I've been using, starting them whenever they're on the hill-

SP- Zambrano, Halladay, Dontrelle Willis, Clement, Odalis Perez, A. Pettitte, Garland, Bedard

What strategy should I employ from now on? Start pitchers only when they have favorable matchups? Or try to trade several lesser pitchers for an Ace? Or maybe trade for great closers, since I am hurting in saves?

I'm kinda worried here, what should I do? I'm leading the league in wins, but not by a lot... same with K's. I'm losing big in the ERA and to a lesser extent the WHIP category. 9 team roto style.

Not a big deal at this point. That is roughly 3 IPs a week you have to shave off and one injury will take care of that by intself. I would just ease off some of your lesser starter's starts against stronger hitting teams. Sit Garland and Bedard when the matchup is not great. Maybe sit Hermanson if you do not need the handful of saves he is offering.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Just realized I have a max innings pitched limit... whoo

Postby slomo007 » Wed May 11, 2005 1:33 am

TheYanks04 wrote:
_Simulacrum_ wrote:My commish told me my league had "no restrictions whatsover". However, tonight I discoved it does look like we have a max innings pitched limit. Check out my team's statistics-

Innings Pitched-

Remaining-

Projected-
1311.2 (+61.2)

Maximum-

Not a big deal at this point. That is roughly 3 IPs a week you have to shave off and one injury will take care of that by intself. I would just ease off some of your lesser starter's starts against stronger hitting teams. Sit Garland and Bedard when the matchup is not great. Maybe sit Hermanson if you do not need the handful of saves he is offering.

I agree with Yanks.....don't worry about this point. Just start benching players against the pure offensive stud teams like Anaheim, Boston, NYY, and Texas...and things will pretty much work out on their own as the season progresses.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby DGroundhog » Wed May 11, 2005 2:01 am

Simple. You always want to start Zambrano, Halladay, and Willis. Play Lidge, Lyon and Turnbow until Hermanson clearly has the job. When it is his, you7 can leave him in as well.

Spot start the remaining SP's, for the immediate future only starting them against the KC's of the league and such. You will get back on track for innings in a few weeks.

Try to stay about 20 IP above pace, so you can allow for one of your top 3 SP going down. Don't use up all your innings until you have gotten every game out of your top 3 SP.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Simulacrum » Wed May 11, 2005 8:59 am

Thanks everyone for all the good, positive advice. I appreciate that.

I admit I was a little panicked (and just a wee bit boozey) when I came in here last night, but I feel much better now. :-°

I recently accepted a trade of my Dontrelle Willis for his Carlos Beltran. As of yet my veto-happy commish hasn't veto'd the trade so I think I may actually be losing Willis on saturday.

Looking around the league, I see Mark Mulder, Beckett, Oswalt, Clemens, Peavy, and Bonderman that I may be able to pry away from managers. R Johnson and Pedro would be much much more difficult. I'm kind of thinking of going for Mulder since he is a quality pitcher on a quality team, with a nice low O-Rank, which is all the manager goes by to rank his players.

Do you fantasy gurus have any more advice for me by chance? :-?
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Apex » Wed May 11, 2005 9:03 am

It sounds like I'm somewhat in the monority here, but I would try to deal away some of those starters. Unless you have an unlimited bench, it's really tough to carry 8 starting pitchers. Can you use them to help out on your hitting side?
Apex
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RugbyD » Wed May 11, 2005 9:07 am

Apex wrote:It sounds like I'm somewhat in the monority here, but I would try to deal away some of those starters. Unless you have an unlimited bench, it's really tough to carry 8 starting pitchers. Can you use them to help out on your hitting side?

agreed. keep 5 so you can sit some during cold streaks, bad matchups, Coors starts, etc.

trade willis, pettitte, and bedard. that's where your best combo of retaining dominance and maxing trade value will be.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers