Turnbow Time over? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Turnbow Time over?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby hunter19 » Wed May 11, 2005 8:41 am

It's not rocket science folks, doesn't whatever league your in show show the players last ten games or season log? If so, you would see he pitched 5 outta the last 7 days instead of jumping to a conclusion that the Crew is going to a CBC...
hunter19
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby reznorsboy » Wed May 11, 2005 8:50 am

Turnbow...What an ugly son of a
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TonyCee » Wed May 11, 2005 9:06 am

I agree, why don't people think for a second or do some quick research, why would Turnbow lose the job for being good?? It wouldn't make sense, as does this post :-b
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby PBRmeASAP » Wed May 11, 2005 3:23 pm

Turnbow just picked up another save. Wish I wouldn't have traded after he picked up his first couple of saves. :~(
PBRmeASAP
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Rance Mulliniks » Wed May 11, 2005 3:26 pm

This kid should be able to hold onto the job for the foreseeable future. Wish I'd jumped on him in more of my leagues.
Mulliniks Watch: Still stuck on 1325 games 3569 AB 445 R 972 H 73 HR 435 RBI 0.272 AVG 15 SB
Rance Mulliniks
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby jaronson » Wed May 11, 2005 3:55 pm

hunter19 wrote:It's not rocket science folks...

It IS rocket science, insofar as it deals with probability. It is certainly not as complicated as rocket science, though. ;-)

Yes, knowing Turnbow pitched 5 of the last 7 days increases the probability (or at least our confidence in that probablility) that he is in fact the closer. But, after Bottalico was brought in, it naturally(?) lowers our confidence (at least a little) that maybe Turnbow is not the main guy and Milwaukee is going to a cbc. But, as klvrdude pointed out, the information provided by Scooter1027, that is not in the box score, was what Turnbow owners needed to know so that they could be reassured that the high probability of Turnbow remaining the main closer was in fact the case.
jaronson
College Coach
College Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Scooter1027 » Wed May 11, 2005 6:53 pm

Another save today. I gotta say, he's a blast to watch. He comes in, the fans go crazy (he's quickly becoming a fan favorite), and he just mows guys down. He looks so unitimidating with that goofy hair (his teammates call him Gomer, evidently). Then he just comes straight at you with no windup, just a long stride towards home and 99 mph comes rifling out of his hand. Then when you start to kind of catch up to it, he drops an 81 mph changeup in there and you look foolish. His control has been pretty solid so far, certainly better than advertised. I was skeptical at first, but I also am riding The Bow now in a couple leagues and have enjoyed watching him lately.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Re: Turnbow Time over?

Postby NZF » Wed May 11, 2005 7:06 pm

Mr Irrelevant wrote:Whats the deal? CloserByCommittee in Milwaukee now? Bottalico, not Turnbow got the save today.

Turnbow was used by Yost in a non-save situation (which IMO was a dumb move) the night before and had pitched 5 of the past 7 days, so the Brewers used Bottalico instead.

He was back in for the save today. The Brewers are sure getting there money's worth out of him. He'll be gassed by the All Star break at this rtae.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby swingaway » Wed May 11, 2005 8:11 pm

After reading a yahoo article today it said turnbow tested postive for andro last year while he was with the olympic team.
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: Turnbow Time over?

Postby Scooter1027 » Wed May 11, 2005 8:50 pm

New Zealand Fan wrote:
Mr Irrelevant wrote:Whats the deal? CloserByCommittee in Milwaukee now? Bottalico, not Turnbow got the save today.

Turnbow was used by Yost in a non-save situation (which IMO was a dumb move) the night before and had pitched 5 of the past 7 days, so the Brewers used Bottalico instead.

He was back in for the save today. The Brewers are sure getting there money's worth out of him. He'll be gassed by the All Star break at this rtae.

I don't universally agree with the idea that pitching him in a non-save situation is dumb. If he pitches in the top of the 9th, he gives us the best chance to get to the bottom unscathed and able to win with our bats. However, he shouldn't have pitched in this particular non-save situation just because he has been pitching a lot. We've been in a lot of close games lately. I don't think he'll burn out, we've just been in an unusually high proportion of close games lately.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers