oliver perez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

oliver perez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

oliver perez

Postby zhutou » Tue May 10, 2005 10:02 pm

from yahoo..

May 11 Pirates ace Oliver Perez will not make his scheduled start on Wednesday because of stiffness in his left shoulder, reports the Associated Press. He started having problems with the shoulder after Friday's start against the Diamondbacks. "I started feeling sore and tight," the lefty said on Tuesday. "The next day, I was feeling the same. I couldn't sleep good. ... Right now, I don't feel any problems." Manager Lloyd McClendon hopes to have Perez back by next week's series against the Cubs. "I'm targeting the Chicago series, but we'll see how it goes," he said. "It makes all the sense in the world that we give him extra time and let him recuperate."
Views: Pittsburgh will trot Josh Fogg out to the mound Wednesday on three days rest, so those in daily transaction leagues should get him in their lineup. The Pirates play only seven games in the next 10 days, a scheduling gift that will give Perez even more time to let his shoulder heal. Hopefully the time off will do the trick for Perez and allow him to be as dominant as he was last season. Fantasy owners shouldn't use him until he is healthy enough to pitch again and may want to hold off on starting him until he regains his old form.
zhutou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby checkers » Wed May 11, 2005 9:11 am

more info

Janie McCauley, of the Associated Press, reports Pittsburgh Pirates SP Oliver Perez (shoulder) will not make his scheduled start Wednesday, May 11, because of left shoulder stiffness. Perez will be skipped in the rotation for a turn; the team is hopeful he'll be able to pitch against the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday, May 17, or Wednesday, May 18.
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates