Rocket on Roids - Buy or Sell? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rocket on Roids - Buy or Sell?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Dmville » Wed May 11, 2005 2:01 pm

nuggets wrote:
Dmville wrote:Why does only the last 15-20 years need to be questioned? Is there a way to prove Maris and anyboldy else who holds an old record were not on similar substances at the time, even of they weren't illegal at the time?

People talk like players of the past were perfect angels who always followed the rules. My opinion is, if you subjected them to the scrutiny that todays players are under, you might find some pretty interesting things.

You might want to find some evidence before suggesting that players in the 1920's were on similar substances to steroids. This is an example of the " 'roid scare" going to far.

Suggested no such thing. Simply asked a question if it could be proven they weren't. Everyone nowdays seems to talk as if they have evidence they weren't doing anything wrong back then. The fact is we'll never know.
Dmville
Dmville
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Wed May 11, 2005 2:11 pm

Sell
A. Rocket is family man
B. He's old steroids at his age is a death wish
C. He's always healthy
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby nuggets » Wed May 11, 2005 2:20 pm

Dmville wrote:Suggested no such thing. Simply asked a question if it could be proven they weren't. Everyone nowdays seems to talk as if they have evidence they weren't doing anything wrong back then. The fact is we'll never know.

The point is you are making a issue out of something you shouldn't be. Get some real evidence first. You can say "we will never acutally know" about anything in history, you can even take it to the level of "what is the truth? Simply what the majority in power believes? or something else?"

Need a source for the best evidence you can find? Keep it to yourself and start here http://www.mesomorphosis.com/articles/p ... eroids.htm
Last edited by nuggets on Wed May 11, 2005 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nuggets » Wed May 11, 2005 2:24 pm

acsguitar wrote:Sell
A. Rocket is family man
B. He's old steroids at his age is a death wish
C. He's always healthy

nice sig man
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Roids

Postby Jaxx68 » Wed May 11, 2005 2:27 pm

Dmville wrote:
nuggets wrote:
Dmville wrote:Why does only the last 15-20 years need to be questioned? Is there a way to prove Maris and anyboldy else who holds an old record were not on similar substances at the time, even of they weren't illegal at the time?

People talk like players of the past were perfect angels who always followed the rules. My opinion is, if you subjected them to the scrutiny that todays players are under, you might find some pretty interesting things.

No one suggested any man is/ was an angel. But I beleive men like Maris played ball on 20 cups of coffee, three packs of Camels, post game probably some cold brew or Jack Daniels, cards and perhaps a female. The way it should be ;-D

Late sixties brought the emergence of "Speed"/ amphetimines. Roid's started to gain prominence by the mid-eighties.
Bud Selig is the worst commissioner of all time! Don Fehr is the Anti-Christ! Steroids= Fame, Fortune, Governor!
Ban the Balco Barbarian and all the rest!
Jaxx68
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Re: Roids

Postby nuggets » Wed May 11, 2005 2:32 pm

Jaxx68 wrote:I beleive men like Maris played ball on 20 cups of coffee, three packs of Camels, post game probably some cold brew or Jack Daniels, cards and perhaps a female. The way it should be ;-D

Post game? I'm not sure about Maris but I know The Mick often saw three balls coming at him and swung at the middle one! :-D
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby blankman » Wed May 11, 2005 3:27 pm

I don't buy this for a second
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous