Funny Yahoo slip-up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Funny Yahoo slip-up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Funny Yahoo slip-up

Postby This is the year » Tue May 10, 2005 6:38 pm

Anyone else notice this? Is this impossible or am I losing my mind?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/preview?gid=250510117

"Cincinnati has lost 10 of its last 11 games, including two in which they led by four runs or more going into the bottom of the ninth inning at home. "

!+)
This is the year
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 700
Joined: 9 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Funny Yahoo slip-up

Postby wavetide007 » Tue May 10, 2005 6:39 pm

This is the year wrote:Anyone else notice this? Is this impossible or am I losing my mind?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/preview?gid=250510117

"Cincinnati has lost 10 of its last 11 games, including two in which they led by four runs or more going into the bottom of the ninth inning at home. "

!+)


it's possible

going into the bottom of the 9th means the opposing team was hitting in the bottom of the 9th with a 4 run deficit

in other words, graves sucks.
wavetide007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 636
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

ummm?

Postby babaoriley7 » Tue May 10, 2005 6:42 pm

Cincinatti would be batting in the bottom of the ninth at home? Good pick up Wavetide007.... Maybe they took some runs away from them
babaoriley7
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 173
Joined: 2 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby George_Foreman » Tue May 10, 2005 6:42 pm

yes, but the reds hit in the bottom of the 9th when they're at home. >_<
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4351
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at Morimoto's, eating $50 worth of sushi

Postby This is the year » Tue May 10, 2005 6:42 pm

But going into the bottom of the ninth "at home"?
This is the year
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 700
Joined: 9 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby logan » Tue May 10, 2005 6:43 pm

i think its a typo. i think its meant to be top of the ninth (obviously). there is no way a home team can be winning at the mid 9th and still lose a game. top of the ninth yes bottom no.


damn quick typers ;-)
Last edited by logan on Tue May 10, 2005 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2810
Joined: 4 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: newark,delaware

Re: Funny Yahoo slip-up

Postby The Jury » Tue May 10, 2005 6:43 pm

wavetide007 wrote:
This is the year wrote:Anyone else notice this? Is this impossible or am I losing my mind?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/preview?gid=250510117

"Cincinnati has lost 10 of its last 11 games, including two in which they led by four runs or more going into the bottom of the ninth inning at home. "

!+)


it's possible

going into the bottom of the 9th means the opposing team was hitting in the bottom of the 9th with a 4 run deficit

in other words, graves sucks.


The home team hits in the bottom of the ninth, wavetide007.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3328
Joined: 17 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wavetide007 » Tue May 10, 2005 6:43 pm

This is the year wrote:But going into the bottom of the ninth "at home"?


Yeah I missed that part

so yeah, it is a slip up and funny!! LOL

graves still sucks
wavetide007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 636
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ActionHero » Tue May 10, 2005 6:55 pm

It would take the Cubs bullpen to blow a 4run lead at home in the bottom of the 9th. :-D
ActionHero
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 293
Joined: 27 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ummm?

Postby brock middlebrook » Wed May 11, 2005 12:10 am

babaoriley7 wrote:Cincinatti would be batting in the bottom of the ninth at home? Good pick up Wavetide007.... Maybe they took some runs away from them


Was Kearns batting? ;-7
brock middlebrook
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 436
Joined: 29 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact