The latest from Schilling - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The latest from Schilling

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby West » Thu May 26, 2005 10:59 am

This from Yahoo/Fanball:
May 26 According to sources, Schilling was told roughly a month ago that he could need up to 12 weeks to recover from an ankle injury, putting his return somewhere around the All-Star break, the Boston Herald reports.

Recommendation: Sources also indicate the Red Sox medical staff initially told the pitcher and team management that Schilling's ailment could sideline him anywhere from 2-12 weeks. The club was optimistic that Schilling's recovery time would lean toward the minimum, but it is becoming increasingly apparent that the pitcher's rehab will lean toward the maximum.

Well, all of us fantasy baseball managers who traded for Schilling this season can thank the Red Sox organization for keeping this quiet. I guess we won't expect to see Schilling until mid-July. Kudos to all the posters here at the Cafe who recommended caution when dealing for Schilling. ;-D It's just too bad for me that I wasn't around to see it when I traded for him.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 89)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Thu May 26, 2005 11:12 am

"listen to your friend billy zane, he's a cool dude."

as a matter of policy i generally shy away from trading for people on the DL unless its a ridiculously discounted price.

since i have schil in h2h leagues i can live with drafting him if he is solid for the second half.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Simulacrum » Thu May 26, 2005 11:21 am

RynoDyno wrote:
Pokeyouindaeye wrote:There was a moment last night, when she was sandwiched between the two Finnish dwarves and the Maori tribesmen, where I thought, "Wow, I could really spend the rest of my life with this woman".

It's a walk-off!

I wonder if Schilling is an ambi-turner? :-b

Probably not with that boot on...

Bad news for the B-Sox about his delayed recovery. It sucks as a Boston fan that Schillz is losing his competitive edge and, as one poster pointed out, developing large man-bosoms :-D

But as a non-Schilling owner... ;-7
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Wozzyck » Thu May 26, 2005 11:39 am

Though I don't dispute that the Red Sox were told that the injury could take up to 12 weeks to recover from, that it actually will take 12 weeks is pure speculation on the part of the Boston Herald and Tony Massarotti (who wrote the article and is someone I don't have much faith in at all).
Wozzyck
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby West » Sat May 28, 2005 6:43 pm

Wozzyck wrote:Though I don't dispute that the Red Sox were told that the injury could take up to 12 weeks to recover from, that it actually will take 12 weeks is pure speculation on the part of the Boston Herald and Tony Massarotti (who wrote the article and is someone I don't have much faith in at all).

Great point Wozzyck. ;-D ;-D Let's hope you're right and Schilling returns before the All Star break.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers