Rumor: Dodgers Interested in Polanco and Howard - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rumor: Dodgers Interested in Polanco and Howard

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rumor: Dodgers Interested in Polanco and Howard

Postby d18Mike » Tue May 10, 2005 10:18 am

This from Chicago Tribune ... and Rotoworld

The Phillies reportedly want to package Placido Polanco with first basemen Ryan Howard, and the Dodgers appear to be interested.
They are still reeling over not landing Adrian Beltre in the off season and some Dodgers have said they want Polanco because he's a positive force in the locker room, along with being a better option at third than anyone they currently have.

Now add this to the rumor that the Cubs and Phillies have been in discussions regarding Polanco and it appears he is headed out of the door sooner or later.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bselig » Tue May 10, 2005 10:36 am

Sure...Polanco will be gone, but I don't think Dodger Stadium is a good place for him. The Cubs or the Yankees could have been better fits for fantasy purposes
[b][size=35]25[/size][/b]
bselig Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby acsguitar » Tue May 10, 2005 11:00 am

The phillies would be stupid to get rid of Howard...Thome's years a extremely numbered
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Tue May 10, 2005 12:15 pm

I'd really be curious as to what the Dodgers have that the Phillies would want. While Polanco would fill a glaring hole, and Howard could replace Choi if Choi's current performance is a mirage, where do the Phillies benefit?

If I am correct, the Phillies are playing to win this year, not rebuilding. They need pitching help the most, and it isn't like the Dodgers have a lot to spare, especially with E. Jackson's ERA looking like a helium baloon (higher and higher with each start). They definitely have some great minor league talent, but most of it is AA (pitching-wise). Who knows - may happen, but I'm missing how the Dodgers match up with the Phillies unless the latter doesn't think they can win this year.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby KolbSaves » Tue May 10, 2005 12:18 pm

Maybe Brazoban? The Phillies relief corps leave a little to be desired at the moment. Just throwing something out there, although I doubt it's likely.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Tue May 10, 2005 12:47 pm

Dawgpound 1613 wrote:I'd really be curious as to what the Dodgers have that the Phillies would want. While Polanco would fill a glaring hole, and Howard could replace Choi if Choi's current performance is a mirage, where do the Phillies benefit?

If I am correct, the Phillies are playing to win this year, not rebuilding. They need pitching help the most, and it isn't like the Dodgers have a lot to spare, especially with E. Jackson's ERA looking like a helium baloon (higher and higher with each start). They definitely have some great minor league talent, but most of it is AA (pitching-wise). Who knows - may happen, but I'm missing how the Dodgers match up with the Phillies unless the latter doesn't think they can win this year.

I agree, I cant for the life of me figure out who LA would trade away.
Of course Philly does need a CF, maybe Milton?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby JTWood » Tue May 10, 2005 6:36 pm

Trade the SoB so Utley can finally play everyday!!!
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby beltrans_boy » Tue May 10, 2005 6:38 pm

wrveres wrote:
Dawgpound 1613 wrote:I'd really be curious as to what the Dodgers have that the Phillies would want. While Polanco would fill a glaring hole, and Howard could replace Choi if Choi's current performance is a mirage, where do the Phillies benefit?

I agree, I cant for the life of me figure out who LA would trade away.
Of course Philly does need a CF, maybe Milton?

There's no way DePo trades Milton for Polanco. Or Brazoban. Who knows what he's cooking up, but I doubt he's dumb enough to trade either of those guys...
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby George_Foreman » Tue May 10, 2005 6:55 pm

ij ust hope polanco starts to get full playing time on some team.... the kids got skills.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Phatferd » Tue May 10, 2005 8:28 pm

Edwin Jackson or Greg Miller
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager