What to expect from Pettitte/Hernandez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What to expect from Pettitte/Hernandez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What to expect from Pettitte/Hernandez

Postby ja515y » Mon May 09, 2005 5:46 pm

I just picked Pettitte off the WW. Is he an always start? Is there a reason the guy dropped him that I should know of?

I've had Livan all year and was wandering if people consider him an always start? He was a stud last year, and although he's had a rough start, seems to be pitching a lot better.

Basically, I wanna know how close I have to monitor these guys.
ja515y
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Simulacrum » Mon May 09, 2005 5:57 pm

I'm getting frustrated with Pettitte and I'm tempted to jettison him to the ww myself. Pettitte seems to be pitching OK, but the Astros are terrible. Awful. The poor guy just isn't getting any wins. In addition, he's not striking people out. His last outing he gave up 3 runs in 7 innings and struck out 0. His ERA and WHIP are decent but without the wins and strikeouts I'm having trouble convincing myself to hold on to him.

Anyone else want to weigh in on Pettitte's worth this season?
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Amazinz » Mon May 09, 2005 6:22 pm

I pretty much consider Livan an always-start. I bench him in Coors, go figure, but that's about it. As far as Pettitte, without knowing your league details, I have trouble believing you could find much better on the WW. It sucks being at the mercy of the Houston offense but if Pettitte stays healthy I think he'll get better as the season goes on. I'd monitor both of them but I wouldn't be anxious to get rid of either. ;-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bleach168 » Mon May 09, 2005 6:25 pm

Pettitte is posting pretty good numbers even though he's not 100% yet. Berkman is back now. The strikeouts and wins will come. If you don't need the innings, consider only starting Pettitte at home since the Astros avg 5 runs a game at home and only 3 runs a game on the road.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby ja515y » Mon May 09, 2005 7:43 pm

good stuff bleach. Thanks for the info. I want to make it so I don't have to pay too much attention to pitching. For some reason I'm really good with hitting, and awfull with pitching. I always sit guys when they have a great game, and pitch them when they get rocked.
It's a 12 team yahoo+ roto. W, K, SV, ERA, WHIP
I plan to always start:
R. Johnson, Clemens, Halladay.
I've been watching closely :
Hernandez, probably Pettitte.
And I've been very hesitant to pitch Zito
I'd like to leave the whole thing on auto and trade Zito.
Does that sound like a good idea?
ja515y
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers