Buy low on Javier Vazquez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Buy low on Javier Vazquez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby fatnub2339 » Mon May 09, 2005 6:50 pm

ya it's kind of too late now.. I traded percival for vazquez back 3weeks back and never looked back
fatnub2339
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stoner420 » Mon May 09, 2005 6:56 pm

as a vazquez owner... he seems to be on the high side rather than the low... people have been trying to pry him from me recently but their buy low tactics arent really working... hes my stud #4 starter and i like it that way.
stoner420
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Y`s Guy » Mon May 09, 2005 6:58 pm

I think Vaz is ALL(!!) the way back. I was not able to get him this year in any drafts but recently was asked if my 3B< ARam was available. I countered a terrible opening salvo with:

ARam for Vaz and R. Wagner. We count HOLDS.

He took the deal and now has a little regret.

Vaz is going to be very successful...like 18 wins successful.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 276)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby Melo255 » Mon May 09, 2005 8:21 pm

Y`s Guy wrote:I think Vaz is ALL(!!) the way back. I was not able to get him this year in any drafts but recently was asked if my 3B< ARam was available. I countered a terrible opening salvo with:

ARam for Vaz and R. Wagner. We count HOLDS.

He took the deal and now has a little regret.

Vaz is going to be very successful...like 18 wins successful.

I'm under the impression you think you got a steal here and that is far from the case. You bough low on Vazquez but without any benefit since you sold low on a much better player in A-Ram. Wagner is a decent throw in that's all. Holds are not difficult to come by. Unless you think Vazquez is going to put up #1 numbers - a huge leap of faith - then you lost bigtime here.
Melo255
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GSes » Mon May 09, 2005 8:52 pm

LBJackal wrote:I went into detail about him being a big bargain about a month ago. There were 2 threads about it. If you chose to listen to the advice, I'm sure you're a happy person. And if you're Yanks04, I'm sure you're waiting like a hawk for Vaz to allow more than 2 ER's so you can rip into him for being gutless :-b

as did I

i drafted the man on almost every team and kept him when he was sucking, cuz i knew he was going to turn it around and be an ace. ;-D
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TONYMONTANA » Mon May 09, 2005 11:28 pm

well, i drafted him. dropped him after his second start. kept an eye on him for a couple starts after. picked him back up. other managers were sleeping. i lucked out.
TONYMONTANA
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RynMan » Tue May 10, 2005 6:49 am

GSes wrote:
LBJackal wrote:I went into detail about him being a big bargain about a month ago. There were 2 threads about it. If you chose to listen to the advice, I'm sure you're a happy person. And if you're Yanks04, I'm sure you're waiting like a hawk for Vaz to allow more than 2 ER's so you can rip into him for being gutless :-b

as did I

i drafted the man on almost every team and kept him when he was sucking, cuz i knew he was going to turn it around and be an ace. ;-D

These are the two guys who convinced me to trade low on Vazquez. His next start was when he turned it around. Mad props. ;-D

Now if only Mulder would implode so I look like a genius.... :-[
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers