This is just straight up scary .... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

This is just straight up scary ....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Sat May 24, 2003 3:54 am

Super GM wrote:But sending a pitcher back on the mound after he's allready thrown 120+ pitches is kinda scary though.....

I'll agree with you on that .. I wonder if we could nominate "Tommy John" for the Nobel Peace prize in science ...?
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chiggidy Chester » Sat May 24, 2003 12:48 pm

Good job wrveres, You went and attacked my intelligence level, everyone and their mother attacked yours, and then a moderator got involved. Stop researching my intelligence your making me feel figuratively naked. I do agree with you though. I don't employ tact. No need to beat around the bush when you know your always right. Somehow I think you know what I mean ;)

On the subject of Cubs pitchers. I am cautious about scolding about when pitch counts get high because most of these guys are treated like babies nowadays. I'm sure dusty feels the same way. I wouldn't do it with a surgically repaired arm though.

You have to remember that Dusty baker is the guy that allowed his son to almost get trampled by major leaguers scoring at home in the playoffs because he didn't have the brain to make a valuable decision to keep his child who is too young to be aware out of harms way.

Maybe all the cubs pitchers will be fine and glory will befall cubbie nation. If they start getting injured mark my words Dusty and Jeff Torborg will start their own fishing show while Jack Mckeon calls up one of his friends at the nursing home to come in and lead the blue bears.

Bring that blood pressure down a couple notches captain "FO". I know your chomping at the bit to tell me where to go. Before you do lemme tell ya I enjoy your posts. They're a refreshing change from the normal mindless banter. At least reading one of your posts I know there's some credibility there, even though you and I both know, credibility speaks for itself.
Chiggidy Chester
College Coach
College Coach

Postby HOOTIE » Sat May 24, 2003 1:52 pm

[quote="wrveres
and bet I keep on making money playing fantasy baseball. Half way home to a little over $5000.00 this year [/quote]

Halfway? Its week 8. A wise man once said, never count your chickens before they hatch.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Chiggidy Chester » Sat May 24, 2003 3:17 pm

How does one go about making that kind of money at fantasy baseball anyway? I don't doubt it but I wasn't aware of it.
Chiggidy Chester
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sat May 24, 2003 4:11 pm

Just to get back to the original subject, as someone who watches alot of Jr. Cubbie baseball Wellemeyer, Francis Beltran and Matt Bruback all have outstanding arms. Wellemeyer's stats this year came from 3 RP. (Also, he did get one save against the Brew Crew).

But sorry Arlo, Steve Smyth wouldn't have a good pitch if he were a used car salesman. We need to package him in something to somewhere.

And just two more names to keep your eye on Bobby Brownlie at Dayton (A) and Andy Sisco and Lansing (A). Both will probably end up in a trade before they make it to the "show", they will make it and they will be good.
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Sat May 24, 2003 4:38 pm

Chiggidy Chester wrote:Good job wrveres, You went and attacked my intelligence level, everyone and their mother attacked yours, and then a moderator got involved. Stop researching my intelligence your making me feel figuratively naked. I do agree with you though. I don't employ tact. No need to beat around the bush when you know your always right. Somehow I think you know what I mean ;)

apoligies are in order ...sorry

as far as making money ... you have to spend money ..I have put up almost 800.00 in league fees ...

and as for the chicken's and eggs thing... In one of my leagues last year I was in first place on the final Monday .. come Sunday ... fourth ... so I understand ....

I am trying to start another Money League for next year .. I put up some brief info for next year .... In the Classifieds...
thanks
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby HOOTIE » Sat May 24, 2003 7:00 pm

Chiggidy Chester wrote:How does one go about making that kind of money at fantasy baseball anyway? I don't doubt it but I wasn't aware of it.

You can play for whatever prize fund you want. You just have to have a big entrance fee. As a example, get 20 teams to ante up $100 per team. Then charge for transactions, which are trades, pickups, dl moves. Using this example, you would be around a $4,000 prize fund, providing the service you use charges around $150.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Guest » Sat May 24, 2003 8:26 pm

i know u's wont like this post

but thats horrible how into fantasy baseball people get..

my god

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby HOOTIE » Sun May 25, 2003 2:27 am

Anonymous wrote:i know u's wont like this post

my god

Whats horrible about it? Dont people ususally spend time and $ with their hobbies they love? Besides, a big entry fee discourages kids and novices from entering. So you get the best of both worlds, higher competition, and a cash bonus.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Sun May 25, 2003 3:16 am

HOOTIE wrote:
Anonymous wrote:i know u's wont like this post
my god

Whats horrible about it? Dont people ususally spend time and $ with their hobbies they love? Besides, a big entry fee discourages kids and novices from entering. So you get the best of both worlds, higher competition, and a cash bonus.

Ohhh and I love that competition ... the cash is nice too ..
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers