This is just straight up scary .... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

This is just straight up scary ....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Gmogd » Thu May 22, 2003 8:24 pm

I for one have no idea who this guys is, really, but I am mildly curious now. I assume there's a reason you think the guy is good, other than 'the first four turned out pretty good, therefore so will the fifth." Although at least that would be an attempt at a reason, unlike most people provide.

Anyways, as far as idiotic comments... I'm not a big fan of the whole posting as a guest thing. Making people register won't stop stupid comments... Hell, I'm registered and I post things that have no value other than possibly to amuse a person or two. But you'll notice pretty much every time an obnoxious person just says something along the lines of "You're wrong, So and So is a crappy player!!!!" without providing any reasoning or anything that has a remote possibility of being worth reading, it's from a guest. If you actually have something of value to say, or you want the forum to help you, you probably don't mind taking the 15 seconds to register.
Gmogd
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Soaring like a dove. Right in front of a Randy Johnson fastball.

Postby Worthless Guest » Thu May 22, 2003 9:05 pm

Gmogd, So the higher the post count from a registered member, the more important that persons post is?? Gotcha.

It's pretty ironic you talk about "idiotic comments" considering this thread was created to declare how great the Cubbies are..
Worthless Guest

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby guest from before » Thu May 22, 2003 9:17 pm

i'm sorry for posting that worthless stuff before ,, i'm sure this guy is going to be great now that i look at it,, i mean hell he did pitch a good 4.2 innings or so this year! i bet the next 100 will be just as good
guest from before

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu May 22, 2003 9:40 pm

wrveres,

While there are plenty of sophomoric posts on this board, that's no reason to climb up onto your little pedestal. I think you're missing the point.

You may be right. I may be on your moronic "I told you so list" (don't you have better things to do?). The point is that he hasn't pitched much and even if he did, you never know. Even pro scouts get it wrong all the time.

But, you know what?, go on predicting, keep making pompous statements; you will be right. Occasionally. Then put that on your list and rub it all in our faces. You seem to need the entertainment.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Greenrider » Thu May 22, 2003 11:23 pm

one of the first things that I learned when I started frequenting these boards is that you should never listen to or respond to wrveres' pointless rants, personal attacks, and the gaudy HTML that he uses to disguise his utter lack of a point :-P :-B :,-( :-o
Greenrider
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wrveres » Fri May 23, 2003 5:03 am

Greenrider wrote:one of the first things that I learned when I started frequenting these boards is that you should never listen to or respond to wrveres' pointless rants, personal attacks, and the gaudy HTML that he uses to disguise his utter lack of a point :-P :-B :,-( :-o

NO .. NO .. NO .. First .. As far as my advice, my Post's and Rant's are alway's thoughtful, courtious, and well researched. Well at least .. well researched .. If you don't agree with what I am saying fine, it does not bother me one bit .. bet I keep on spewin' it though ...and bet I keep on making money playing fantasy baseball. Half way home to a little over $5000.00 this year .. so "FO"..
The fact that I spend hours researching .. running inflation tables (Hmm.. what is that?)(Wellemeyer?) that sort of thing, is so I can buy enough chesse cloth to keep it shinning. You may never understand. Why play if I'm not getting paid.

Second.. the fact that I take a second out of allready hectic scedule to share some of my learnin's with you, is simply my choice. You .. have no input .. no say .. no voice .. nada. obviouslly none that will sway me, anyway's. again "FO"

Third...I will say that I have learned from many people in these forums .. Many. But I would never give advice that I think will harm somebodys Fantasy Team .. and have on occasion called someone out that I think was doing harm .. IMO ..

I am not a Cub's fan .. I'm a Padres fan .. so life is difficult enough allready .. I was simply pointing out that in 2004 .. this may be what the Cub's starting rotation will look like ... Scary. Sorry if you don't know who Wellemeyer is. But he will be in your Fanatsy magazine for '04. You know, like the one you bought for $8.00 this year. The one printed in December that you brought to your draft in March. The fact that you judge Wellemeyer my his "Major League Debut" and then dismiss him his fine. For us keeper league guy's .. well he may have just gained his elig.. he wasn't even supposed to see the "Show" till September.

and one more thing Greenrider .. "I" have reserved a seat for you a next years draft .. Are you still sure your allowance will will be enough? Maybe your Mom can loan you the money or something ..

I think thats enough for now .. if you are going to call me out .. expect a response .. allways.

Oh yeah .. it's also my choice to add a little color to these same old dreary .. "Is Tejada Good?" and "Prior is God" post's .. or my favorite .."Someone offered me Schilling, what do I do now?".. usually signed by the infamous "Guest" ..
so for the third time ..... "FO"
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)

Postby Guest » Fri May 23, 2003 6:03 am

Why is everyone all up in wrveres grill?? I like the fact that he takes the time to make his posts colourful and bold and such...

He always has well researched information as well... I say - Jealous, much?

Postby shut up » Fri May 23, 2003 10:29 am

wow people just shut the hell up already
shut up

Postby Arlo » Fri May 23, 2003 11:08 am

I'd like to remind everyone that this isn't the place for personal attacks, insults, etc. Any further posts in this thread not dealing with Cubs pitchers will be removed. Come on folks, there's no need for this.

Getting back to the Cubs' future rotation, I wouldn't count Steve Smyth out quite yet, even though he's having a tough time at AAA...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Super GM » Fri May 23, 2003 12:04 pm

Instead of acting like bitches! Cause that's what you're doing...let's discuss if Dusty has ruined any pitchers or not....

Rob Nen's health problems are starting to catch up with him. After years of Dustys abuse? I'm not so sure of that one...but we'll let it pass....

He is treting his young Chicago pitching staff pretty bad though.....Let's hope they can stay healthy and keep producing. But sending a pitcher back on the mound after he's allready thrown 120+ pitches is kinda scary though.....
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers