This is just straight up scary .... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

This is just straight up scary ....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

This is just straight up scary ....

Postby wrveres » Thu May 22, 2003 6:59 am

K. Wood
M. Prior
M. Clement
C. Zambrano
T. Wellemeyer

For those of you who don't know Wellemeyer .. You will .. heck in a couple of my leagues .. it is too late ..

:-) There is not a doubt in my mind that Dusty saw this .. and would have mangaged for "free". Or at least corporate provided daycare. :-D
If it wasn't the Cub's, I would say time to reline the trophy room. They do have a trophy room at Wrigley don't they? Come to think of it .. Probably not .. what would they put in it?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Thu May 22, 2003 7:05 am

I didn't recognize Wellemeyer so I looked him up. 4.2 innings, 1 hit, no walks, no runs, 6 k's, 0.00 era, 0.21 whip, 3 games pitched.

If he becomes a starter, the Cubs could really become dangerous.

Now let's all hope that Dusty takes care of all those young arms. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Chiggidy Chester » Thu May 22, 2003 9:10 am

Wellemeyer hasn't proven anything on the major league level. What would you say if a starter made his first start, went 4.2 innings and then was taken out because of a couple walks and a hit but was bailed out by a reliever and ended up with almost the same stats as this guy has? I would say too early to comment. The way dusty uses his starters they won't last past the end of July anyway. Dream of what could have been when your eating chops at Kerry Woods cook out as he and all the other starters are recovering from Tommy John surgery unable to play even badminton.
Chiggidy Chester
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wrveres » Thu May 22, 2003 6:06 pm

Chiggidy Chester wrote:Wellemeyer hasn't proven anything on the major league level. What would you say if a starter made his first start, went 4.2 innings and then was taken out because of a couple walks and a hit but was bailed out by a reliever and ended up with almost the same stats as this guy has? I would say too early to comment. The way dusty uses his starters they won't last past the end of July anyway. Dream of what could have been when your eating chops at Kerry Woods cook out as he and all the other starters are recovering from Tommy John surgery unable to play even badminton.

I went and reviewed some of your posts because your intellegence was quickly starting to come in to question ... Quick Chiggidy ... go check the records and see just how many "Pitchers" Dusty has ruined ... Especially ... over the last couple of years ...

"0"

Now his record ?... hmm not bad ..
Manager of the year ?... wow ..
Dusty ... not bad ... the only knock I could find on Dusty .. other than daycare issues ... Is he doesn't manage his team like a "Fantasy Baseball" team ... like NYM .. Philly ... LA .. NYY ... just to name a few .. You take the talent givin' and win with it .. itsn't that what a manager .. is supposed to do?

But upon reviewing your posts ... I see that your intellegence is only slightly in question ... I see that you just have no Tact .. and hell ... I can't knock you for that ... because I promise that I have less tact than you ... but .. but ..

More Baseball intellegence def .. anyday ..
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu May 22, 2003 6:11 pm

So your all-knowing baseball knowledge tells you that Dusty is treating his Cubs starters just fine? 140+ pitches for a guy with previous arm trouble?

I think it's your intelligence that is seriously in question.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby jdh » Thu May 22, 2003 7:00 pm

It's not true that Dusty has not ruined any pitchers. Look at what happened to Rob Nen as a result of years of Dusty's abuse.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Guest » Thu May 22, 2003 7:18 pm

what ever the hell guys name that u think is gonna be a great starter, he aint gonna do anything so give the whole dusty thing a rest

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Gmogd » Thu May 22, 2003 7:33 pm

I think you're all missing the important thing here. How exactly do I get invited to this cookout?
Gmogd
College Coach
College Coach

Location: Soaring like a dove. Right in front of a Randy Johnson fastball.

Postby sinicalypse » Thu May 22, 2003 7:34 pm

i'd bet on francis beltran being a better starter than todd wellemeyer. there were some who thought that he had the best stuff on the cubs entire staff in spring training.

i dunno about you, but i wouldn't trust matt clement in game 2 or game 5 or 6 of a world series.

the only problem with your lavishly intelligent quasi-theorem is that someone has to score runs for this pitching staff to be that good. does troy o'leary strike fear into your heart?

time shall tell. at least they'll be .500, eh?
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby wrveres » Thu May 22, 2003 7:47 pm

Anonymous wrote:what ever the hell guys name that u think is gonna be a great starter, he aint gonna do anything so give the whole dusty thing a rest

Based upon the overwhelming intelligent comments I have seen in this "Overall Forum" (not just this thread) .. such as the one above .. I have decided to save a link to this post and start a whole new .. "I told ya so list" ... please leave your email address or any other form of communication so I can properly address your's ..

Thanks...
wrveres

and his name is Wellemeyer ...
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers