Beltre Double Header Performance... hey now - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Beltre Double Header Performance... hey now

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Simulacrum » Mon May 09, 2005 5:10 pm

jayman wrote:too bad he has to face Randy tonight. That man set a hitter back to little league - hopefully, Beltre can hang in there and hit a few balls hard.

Yeah, when Randy's dominating he can be a God on the mound. Even at his best though his fastball still gets put in the seats from time to time.

I would looove to see Belt-man tear off a piece of Randy tonight. ;-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Simulacrum » Tue May 10, 2005 12:39 am

_Simulacrum_ wrote:Yeah, when Randy's dominating he can be a God on the mound. Even at his best though his fastball still gets put in the seats from time to time.

Far be it from me to toot my own horn... ;-)
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby gostanford07 » Tue May 10, 2005 1:16 am

Secret Avatar wrote:I think he'll start to turn it around. He's got a quick bat and a compact swing. His numbers last year showed what kind of hitter he can be. He's definately struggled so far this year, but a period of adjustment to a new team, new park, and new league was expected. I expect something like 300-38-110-110-5 with some upside for 320-44-120. He needs to settle down at the plate and stop swinging at junk pitches.

I agree with this. I dunno about the numbers, I'm not saying their wrong by any means, just that I don't quite know where to put Beltre right now. But I think coming into the season, Beltre felt alot of pressure to live up to the expectations of last year. I think he was trying too hard to prove those critics wrong that said he only played well because it was his contract year. Mix in a whole new league, ballpark, etc., and that can make for a difficult situation. I look for him to turn it around... just like he did on RJ's fastball tonight ;-D
gostanford07
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

I don't buy him

Postby valnas » Tue May 10, 2005 1:35 am

Looking at his career outside of last year ..... he's a 25 homer 260 hitter. I wouldn't expect more than that this season ....
valnas
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers