Jason Dubois? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jason Dubois?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jason Dubois?

Postby TonyCee » Mon May 09, 2005 11:10 am

Is this guy going to make Dusty keep him in the line-up and is he for real? I know he is getting a chance to start but will Dusty......is well Dusty, lol. Thoughts? Thanks
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RugbyD » Mon May 09, 2005 11:31 am

the kid can mash, but will K a good deal. dusty hates playing people that are not at the top of or over the hill. he can't 'make' dusty play him b/c dusty has his irrational bias against what i metioned above. he will not start unless a)armageddon/rapture happens or b)hairston and hollandsworth go down. until then he will platoon at best.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Dmville » Mon May 09, 2005 11:34 am

So far he has only started against LHP and Dusty has cited his glove as the reason he will not play everyday. So he'll learn MLB by starting 1 out of 5 games, pinch hitting in pressure situations when they need only a HR, and shagging flyballs during BP. That's the way to develop a guy Cubs. :-?

Seriously, I like Hollandsworth, but he should be on the bench and coming in for the late inning pressure situations and double switches, not Dubois.

One of Dubois fielding mistakes this year was on a miscommunication w Patterson on a ball in the gap. If they play together everyday, he will learn what Pattersons range is and these things will be eliminated. You gotta play this guy everyday for a while so that when he does need to be HR hitting PH in Aug or Sep, he will be comfortable up there. Not that the Cubs will be anywhere near the Wildcard come Aug.

The Cubs are never gonna win cuz of Defense (with the exception of D Lee at 1B). I mean, look at Burnitz. Cement hands, but his bat will make up for it. So will Dubois I think.
Dmville
Dmville
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TonyCee » Mon May 09, 2005 11:36 am

Sorry guys, I thought maybe you saw this on Rotoworld today as he is now starting (for the moment, lol):

Jason Dubois is going to get a chance to become the everyday left fielder for the Cubs, starting today.
The good news for Dubois is bad news for Todd Hollandsworth, as the Cubs have decided to make him a reserve outfielder. Since they aren't looking to add anyone else to the team, the job is now Dubois' to lose. He is a nice option in NL-only leagues. May. 9 - 7:07 am et
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dmville » Mon May 09, 2005 11:41 am

Be right back, gotta check for Monkeys coming outta my butt. 8-o
Dmville
Dmville
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RugbyD » Mon May 09, 2005 11:59 am

Dmville wrote:Be right back, gotta check for Monkeys coming outta my butt. 8-o

mee too, once this report is done. i thought i felt something in there this morning............. :-o
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby RugbyD » Mon May 09, 2005 12:01 pm

looks like Dusty has actually given consideration to what i means to be unemployed., and that he won't like it.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby tomkatt » Mon May 09, 2005 4:15 pm

RugbyD wrote:looks like Dusty has actually given consideration to what i means to be unemployed., and that he won't like it.

;-D
tomkatt
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby reznorsboy » Mon May 09, 2005 6:29 pm

I hope this is true because Dubois is a great young hitter. So he can't catch, neither can most Lf's
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TonyCee » Mon May 09, 2005 6:57 pm

reznorsboy wrote:I hope this is true because Dubois is a great young hitter. So he can't catch, neither can most Lf's

Good, I put Craig Wilson on the DL earlier today today and picked him up for .60 (9-team Roto NL League), I could use some HR's :-)
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers