Anybody out there hate Stuart Scott? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Anybody out there hate Stuart Scott?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby benjapage » Tue May 10, 2005 4:18 pm

the bud hot seat is pointless, and the gatorade highlight reel is cheesy.

i agree that a good many of the folks in the cafe fall outside the target demographic.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby perlick29 » Tue May 10, 2005 11:08 pm

Ah Stuart Scott. I've got a great story about him. In the 7th grade about 8 years ago we had career day and wouldn't you know it one of the careers you could choose for the day was sports broadcaster. I got to school early as I was part of the tech squad.(Geek Alert) Well STuart Scott shows up for breakfast that they were giving to the speakers before any students got there.

I got a chance to meet with him, listen to what he had to say and get this: he asked me on my advice on one of his sayings he was working om "true dat" I said get this: "dont use it." He didn't.

He happens to be a really nice guy but as far as anchors go he's not my taste. I like Scott Van Pelt better.

He is one of the reasons I decided to become a broadcaster by some of things he said in his lecture and for that I am eternally grateful. ;-D
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bukoski77 » Tue May 10, 2005 11:16 pm

Stuart Scott Still Most Definitely Not White, http://www.thesportsrag.com/008_Stu_Scott.html .

I get annoyed bye Stuart Scott.

The story on this link is hysterical. BTW, it is a parody website. Not real news.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby .38 Special » Tue May 10, 2005 11:32 pm

an all time high....redunkalis (rediculous)
.38 Special
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Slump Busters » Wed May 11, 2005 1:10 am

"Dont let the Door Hit cha' where the good Lord split ya" That is a great way to be on TV and basically say get the "F" out. SS says it all the time, however I am sure he as well as Berman have quality writers on their staff that supply the one liners and jokes.

I also agree that his schtick is PLAYED. It was funny in the mid 90's but now it seems dated.

I agree with "Jackass" star Steve-O in the sense he appeals to the casual observer not the hard core sports fan. Who is next to post? Wee-man???
Slump Busters
College Coach
College Coach

Postby josebach » Wed May 11, 2005 8:29 am

Bukoski77 wrote:Stuart Scott Still Most Definitely Not White, http://www.thesportsrag.com/008_Stu_Scott.html .

The story on this link is hysterical. BTW, it is a parody website. Not real news.

I liked the picture of the "scrimps". Nice touch. ;-D
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby warrick95 » Wed May 11, 2005 2:52 pm

I don't hate SS as much as others do, but he's definitely not good. He's really not that bad as a gameshow host (Stump the Schwab, Teammates), so he should probably stick to doing that instead of SC.

I DESPISE Chris Berman. How that guy has a job...I'll never know. Some of his nicknames are cool. It's fun when you do them at times...mix one in here or there. But this guy seriously gives EVERYBODY a nickname. Just a couple of nights ago..."Winnie the Pujols"..."Langerhans needs Longerhands"...it gets ridiculous. He uses them ad nauseum. One of the stupidest he's ever said was "You say Houshmandzaduh, I say Houshmandzayduh"...honestly buddy, it doesn't matter how you say it, what matters is how he wants it to be said. Lastly, his voice is horribly annoying. I'll repeat something I said over at the FFC: Back back back back back back...the f away from the announcer's chair.

Berman's absolutely horrible. It's hard to hate somebody without really knowing them, but Berman's getting there. He's given me hours of hell watching him.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Wed May 11, 2005 3:14 pm

I have 2 problems regarding him:

1. On Dream Job, anyone that tried to act like him got shot down. If it's good enough for him, why not for the candidates??
2. He hosts every single thing on that channel.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Big Game JLo » Thu May 12, 2005 11:21 am

I absolutely love SS! (and I'm not joking). He has his style. Best phrase: "Ooh nana upside your head!"

I think it's a unique approach to sports commentary. Why be like everyone else? Pave your own trail. I'd take him over any cookie-cutter commentators anyday! If you don't like him, don't watch him.
Big Game JLo
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby acsguitar » Thu May 12, 2005 11:31 am

josebach wrote:
Bukoski77 wrote:Stuart Scott Still Most Definitely Not White, http://www.thesportsrag.com/008_Stu_Scott.html .

I liked the picture of the "scrimps". Nice touch. ;-D

Thats one of the funniest articles I have ever read!

That article so funny Aunt Jo Jo almost done choked on her collered greens
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk