Brandon Wood, Chris Nelson (and a Q on Brian McCann) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Brandon Wood, Chris Nelson (and a Q on Brian McCann)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brandon Wood, Chris Nelson (and a Q on Brian McCann)

Postby Jobu » Mon May 09, 2005 9:56 am

Brandon Wood and Chris Nelson are available in my league. Currently, I have the following MLers on my team. Would you drop any one or two of them for these guys?

Brian McCann
Howie Kendrick
Eric Duncan
Yusmeiro Petit
Anibal Sanchez

Incidentally, where does McCann rate among catching prospects, from a fantasy standpoint?

Thanks boys!
Jobu
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Mon May 09, 2005 10:37 am

Well I'd rank Nelson above all the minor leaguers you listed. He is already a very talented prospect and playing at Coors will only help him. As for who I'd drop for him, either Kendrick or Sanchez. Though with all the middle infield prospects the Angels have, I'd most likely drop Kendrick.

Wood is looking likely to move from SS to 3B or OF, so that will make him less valuable. He is off to an amazing start, but since the Anges have Aybar, Callaspo, and Kendrick ... his bat should be moved.

McCann right now, since Mauer is no longer a prospect, is pretty much the top catching prospect in the minors. Has very good power potential and should hit for AVG. also. After the year is over though I think he will have strong competition from Neil Walker for top catching prospect.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Jobu » Mon May 09, 2005 10:40 am

hybrid wrote:Well I'd rank Nelson above all the minor leaguers you listed. He is already a very talented prospect and playing at Coors will only help him. As for who I'd drop for him, either Kendrick or Sanchez. Though with all the middle infield prospects the Angels have, I'd most likely drop Kendrick.

Wood is looking likely to move from SS to 3B or OF, so that will make him less valuable. He is off to an amazing start, but since the Anges have Aybar, Callaspo, and Kendrick ... his bat should be moved.

McCann right now, since Mauer is no longer a prospect, is pretty much the top catching prospect in the minors. Has very good power potential and should hit for AVG. also. After the year is over though I think he will have strong competition from Neil Walker for top catching prospect.

Thanks, I appreciate the insight. How does McCann compare with Barton and Mathis?
Jobu
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hybrid » Mon May 09, 2005 8:17 pm

Well Barton isn't a catcher anymore, he was never that good defensively to stay there. Mathis had a really bad year last year, but is coming back around this year. He figures to hit for a good AVG., but the big difference being I don't see him hitting for the same power as McCan.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Return to Minor League & College Baseball