Atrophying Testicles wrote:Yeah so signing Jaret Wright and letting Jon Lieber go was a good move. Bringing in Kevin Brown was a good move and thus trading away Brazoban and Weaver for a more expensive, older Weaver with more of an attitude. Letting Andy Pettitte go was a good move. Letting Miguel Cairo go was a good move. El Duque and Contreras could still be here... I'm sorry but the Yanks have done some really stupid f$%&@ng things in the last few years and someone's head needs to roll... Don't pretend to know about the Yankees, I think I've missed 20 games in the last 2 seasons.
1. No one could have predicted the market for Leiber would go that high.
2. Cashman was one of the voices against trading Brazoban. That decision was whispered into George's ear by the Tampa branch.
3. Brown was a George target.
4. Final Yankees offer to Petite was exactly what he was asking for. He left for Houston becuase he was not feeling the love.
5. Miguel Cairo is a career backup. His year-in, year-our #'s do nothing but support that.
6. Isn't hingsight 20/20 great? I'll give you El Duque, but to lament the loss of Contreras is utterly ridiculous. For whatever the reason, he could not throw a strike in a Yankee uniform. EVERY Yankee fan could not run him out of town fast enough. Or are you telling me that you were the sole one who saw through everything to see his hidden genius?