Berkman @ 1B - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Berkman @ 1B

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Mon May 09, 2005 1:58 pm

This is not a temporary problem for Bagwell - but one that has gotten worse over the years and likely will continue to do so. They were speculating on the broadcast yesterday that he may need shoulder replacement after his playing days are over just to have a semi-normal life.

That said, I am curious as to why Berkman, and not Lamb, was at 1B this weekend. They must feel it is easier on his knee. But Lamb looked lost in the OF and I thought he had played 1B last year.

So, as Bagwell is still allegedly a week away from his next cortisone shot, and as Berkman is just back, he may very well get 3 appearances there if Bagwell just can't go. Personally, I think Bagwell toughs it out for most of the week, gets his shot and this issue doesn't come up again until next month - at which time Berkman would stay at OF. So, to answer the original question, my guess is "no" - not because of Bagwell, but because I think Lamb/Vizcaino will get the majority of starts/PT at 1B if Bagwell can't go once Berkman feels "normal" in the OF again.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby Darkie Satchels » Mon May 09, 2005 2:10 pm

Lets not forget that Willy Taveras is doing fine in the CF position and has earned the leadoff spot due to said performance. I don't see much change.

Great indie Music Website: http://www.pensatos.com
Darkie Satchels
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Nerfherders » Mon May 09, 2005 4:01 pm

Lamb has looked horrible in OF. He cant come in on balls, he cant go out on balls. He cant really do anything there in LF. So my guess is that if Bagwell can play he will be in there so Berkman can play OF.
Nerfherders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 4)

Postby swingaway » Mon May 09, 2005 5:43 pm

a couple of years back i thought there was an article somewhere i think that said that bagwell will reitre at the end of the 2006. Which would be about right since thats whe hes contract runs out i beleive.
Anyways maybe this an audtion for berkman for when bagwell retires that he will take over 1st since hes slow in the outfield. :-?
Wemight also see burke at 2nd on some days and biggio in the outfield on days when bags cant play.
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby klvrdude » Mon May 09, 2005 7:00 pm

Dawgpound 1613 wrote:That said, I am curious as to why Berkman, and not Lamb, was at 1B this weekend. They must feel it is easier on his knee. But Lamb looked lost in the OF and I thought he had played 1B last year.

I was thinking the same things and now it looks Lamb is starting at first today, drats.
klvrdude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers