Who will be the Yankees closer next year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who will be the Yankees closer next year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Who will be the Yankees closer next year?

Postby justinA » Mon May 09, 2005 3:58 pm

SominaDei wrote:
Conner wrote:
Members Only Jackets wrote:
jpbusta wrote:
Members Only Jackets wrote:Will Mariano be under contract w/ the Yanks next year? Will the Yanks try to get an upgrade at RP--maybe in , lets say, J Rincon?

Did you just say "upgrade"? from rivera to rincon? wow, Rivera gets so little respect this year. :-[

Mo will be another year older....the change has to come sometime, right?

thanks

I can't help but think that you're just trying to bash Rivera, secretly.

There's no reason to think Mariano Rivera is not going to be their closer. You know who gets at Mo? The Red Sox. Why? Because when you face a team that much, every year, for so many years, they start to get ahold of you. Rincon isn't even on Rivera's radar, and you're a bit lost upstairs if you think so. :-t

The Yankees face the entire AL East as much as the Sox... excluding playoffs, but those are whole different games, so you're argument is unfounded. ;-)
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby justinA » Mon May 09, 2005 4:02 pm

George_Foreman wrote:
kentx12 wrote:I hope the Yanks go out and steal another Braves pitcher to close. Can anyone say Mr. Kolb. Lord knows I hope someone takes him.

;-7

look at his game log, he's been fine recently, and he's got 9 saves. isn't that tied for the ML lead or something?

He has 3 saves, learn how to read. He's pitched in 9 games. Doesn't look too great now does he??

And the ML lead is 11, tied between Mesa and Lyon, so wow, your post was pretty much just useless. ;-D
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Nooner » Mon May 09, 2005 4:42 pm

justinA wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:
kentx12 wrote:I hope the Yanks go out and steal another Braves pitcher to close. Can anyone say Mr. Kolb. Lord knows I hope someone takes him.

;-7

look at his game log, he's been fine recently, and he's got 9 saves. isn't that tied for the ML lead or something?

He has 3 saves, learn how to read. He's pitched in 9 games. Doesn't look too great now does he??

And the ML lead is 11, tied between Mesa and Lyon, so wow, your post was pretty much just useless. ;-D

I think he was talking about Kolb having nine saves and hoping the Yankees would get him from the Braves so he doesn't have to watch him anymore. Nine is pretty close to eleven, so it looks like your post was pretty useless.
Nooner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Conner » Mon May 09, 2005 4:49 pm

Nooner wrote:
justinA wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:

;-7

I think he was talking about Kolb having nine saves and hoping the Yankees would get him from the Braves so he doesn't have to watch him anymore. Nine is pretty close to eleven, so it looks like your post was pretty useless.

He was obviously talking about Kolb...

JustinA seems awfully immature, and as of right now, certainly looks pretty silly.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby blankman » Mon May 09, 2005 6:05 pm

This is really a very legitimate question (although for 2007 or 2008 imo). Mo has been a huge reason for the Yanks' success over near the last decade, but once he's gone, the Yanks will have the biggest hole to fill in recent memory. I really have no idea what they're going to do and it's certainly a big concern for the future.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby RugbyD » Mon May 09, 2005 6:49 pm

blankman wrote:This is really a very legitimate question (although for 2007 or 2008 imo). Mo has been a huge reason for the Yanks' success over near the last decade, but once he's gone, the Yanks will have the biggest hole to fill in recent memory. I really have no idea what they're going to do and it's certainly a big concern for the future.

mo has 2 years left of effectiveness. after that, no worries.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby George_Foreman » Mon May 09, 2005 6:51 pm

justinA wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:

;-7

talk about irony...
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Balco » Mon May 09, 2005 10:03 pm

Rincon ???? Upgrade ???? waaaaa

- Balco
Balco
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Who will be the Yankees closer next year?

Postby Octavian » Mon May 09, 2005 10:40 pm

justinA wrote:
SominaDei wrote:
Conner wrote:
Members Only Jackets wrote:
jpbusta wrote:
Members Only Jackets wrote:Will Mariano be under contract w/ the Yanks next year? Will the Yanks try to get an upgrade at RP--maybe in , lets say, J Rincon?

Did you just say "upgrade"? from rivera to rincon? wow, Rivera gets so little respect this year. :-[

Mo will be another year older....the change has to come sometime, right?

thanks

I can't help but think that you're just trying to bash Rivera, secretly.

There's no reason to think Mariano Rivera is not going to be their closer. You know who gets at Mo? The Red Sox. Why? Because when you face a team that much, every year, for so many years, they start to get ahold of you. Rincon isn't even on Rivera's radar, and you're a bit lost upstairs if you think so. :-t

The Yankees face the entire AL East as much as the Sox... excluding playoffs, but those are whole different games, so you're argument is unfounded. ;-)

No, no it's not. The rest of the AL East has been utter crap and a revolving door. Who in the past 5 years has been a team that can even approach the Yankees besides the Sox in the East? No one. Excluding playoffs? How can you exclude playoffs in an arguement like this? That's where they see him the most. During the regular season he won't close every Yanks/Sox matchup, but in the playoffs? Mo rings them all up if possible, in a 7 game set that goes 7 games? They probably see him 4-5 times, sometimes a few days in a row. That's how they dial up Mariano... You can't exclude the playoffs, and with them, the Yankees see the Sox more than any other team in the AL East.

Oh, and *your
Octavian
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby gpurcell » Mon May 09, 2005 11:28 pm

My off-the-wall prediction:

BJ Ryan. Guys is lights out and a free agent this year.
gpurcell
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers