Jason Kendall vs Brandon Inge - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jason Kendall vs Brandon Inge

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jason Kendall vs Brandon Inge

Postby lbbaseball14 » Sun May 08, 2005 4:18 pm

Can anyone give me one reason I should keep Kendall when I have Brandon Inge??? I know that Kendall should hit over 300 but he's not gonna score many runs in that horrid Oakland offense. Inge bats at the top of of a good Detroit offense, has some power, and should hit a little under 300. So my question is who would you rather have as your starting catcher?
*Thanks to Super Manny*
lbbaseball14
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Punisher » Sun May 08, 2005 4:21 pm

This is actually a tough one, Jason Kendall is good for runs and average and he isnt going to score many runs on that offense while Inge is said to be hot but I actually think hes a good sleeper and coming around to be a really good option at catcher. So go with Inge
Screw the Peavy and Burnett Watches, I'm probably one of the laziest people in the world
The Punisher
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby intense » Sun May 08, 2005 4:23 pm

Inge just hit a nice bomb today, I have him, and would much rather have him over Kendall. I think Inge not catching anymore has taken alot of pressure off him and giving him more time to focus on his hitting.
intense
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby lbbaseball14 » Sun May 08, 2005 4:27 pm

Yea I had Inge on my bench ... thats why I posted this :-/ Would it be extreme to drop Kendall? I've tried to feel out some other owners and basically no one in my league has any interest so I cant trade him.
*Thanks to Super Manny*
lbbaseball14
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dajet00 » Sun May 08, 2005 4:35 pm

lbbaseball14 wrote:Yea I had Inge on my bench ... thats why I posted this :-/ Would it be extreme to drop Kendall? I've tried to feel out some other owners and basically no one in my league has any interest so I cant trade him.

I have basically the same situation except that Inge is a free agent and I have Kendall. I am thinking about dropping him, not sure though.
dajet00
College Coach
College Coach

Postby KronJon » Sun May 08, 2005 4:51 pm

keep both, in case Inge falls off.
KronJon
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sammyfan711 » Sun May 08, 2005 6:23 pm

Inge qualifies at so many positions he is a perfect utility man. I wouldn't drop Kendall because he plays almost every day and will help in runs and avg. I would keep them both and play Inge over Kendall until he cools down.
sammyfan711
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bselig » Sun May 08, 2005 8:22 pm

Inge obviously better this season, only thing Kendall has a shot to beat him in is average; try to trade Kendall because Inge plays everyday if anyone is willing to give you value for him
[b][size=35]25[/size][/b]
bselig Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thehat » Sun May 08, 2005 8:38 pm

Kendall is barely marketable. No one is going to give up much to get him. What's he offer? Nice BA possibility, but SB's are now severely limited playing for Oak, and he won't do much in production. That puts him slightly above guys like Pierzynski or Miller at catcher.

Inge may not match Kendall's BA over the long haul but he will be more productive across the rest of the board. Plus, he has the 3B eligibility as well.

Actually, the guy to peddle is Inge. He's got lots of value with that dual position eligibility and he's therefore coveted in deep leagues. Shop him and see what you might reel in.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby lbbaseball14 » Sun May 08, 2005 8:41 pm

I picked Inge up off waivers and nobody in my league barely even knows who he is so Kendall and Inge both really have no trade value.
*Thanks to Super Manny*
lbbaseball14
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers