Which is the better Canadian named Nash? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

Which is the better Canadian named Nash?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which Canadian named Nash is better?

Rick Nash
23%
Steve Nash
77%

Total votes : 13

Which is the better Canadian named Nash?

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun May 08, 2005 12:05 pm

Rick Nash

One of the most promising young power forwards in the NHL who is currently tearing up the World Championships.

or

Steve Nash

Captain Canada - winner of the NBA MVP this year.

It really doesn't matter - they both rock! ;-D
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ensanimal » Sun May 08, 2005 12:35 pm

agreed that they both rock. steve is the man right now... but i think rick will rise to above the star level of steve soon. he's just a goal scoring machine. ;-D
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 113)

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sun May 08, 2005 3:20 pm

It's gotta be Steve right now for sure. He's the MVP of the NBA. As for Rick yeah he's a scoring machine but he really needs to work on the other aspects of his game before he can even be considered a better Nash. But Rick is still very young and should reach superstar status in the future.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kingctb27 » Sun May 08, 2005 5:58 pm

This has got to be Steve, but for me it's really by default because I don't watch much hockey and the NHL is in a Lock out :-t
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu May 12, 2005 9:46 am

ESPN radio guy Dan LeBetard has raised the race card in an article that he wrote for the Miami Herald about Nash winning the MVP.

LeBetard is very good friends with Shaq and says that Shaq should have won it and wonders whether Nash got it because he is white.

Nash is the first white player to win the award since Bird in the 80s and is the first point guard in a long time (is AI really a point guard) to win it.

LeBetard used to be one of my favourite commentators and radio personalities and I have enjoyed him everytime that he filled in on PTI but I have lost a lot of respect for him. Sure Shaq deserves to have won more than 1 MVP but that does not mean that Nash is undeserving. Nash is completely deserving and taking away from the award (like Van Gundy's comments about the Mavs being better after the trade) gets a big :-t from me.

I guess the next conspiracy theory is that the award was given to Nash as a way for the league to take a shot at Mark Cuban ;-7
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu May 12, 2005 6:59 pm

that was a poor argument by lebetard. :-t nash deserves the award and i'm glad they gave it to him. the award doesn't make nash the best basketball player in the NBA, but the most valuable. the suns didn't even make the playoffs last year and this year they finish with the best record in the NBA...showing how important nash is for the suns.

the NBA just loves conspiracy theories...i remember some 3 years ago when the bucs actually had a good team...people were saying that the NBA would never let the finals be played in milwalkee and sacramento cuz they were "small" cities. :-P

as for who the better nash is...steve doesn't get into fights with the referees. :-o :-b
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby reznorsboy » Fri May 27, 2005 11:52 pm

I say it is Tyson Nash
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CharginBrowns » Tue May 31, 2005 11:22 am

Rick and Steve are tearing it up....Rick's world championships really opened everyone's eyes to how great a player he is, and Steve, obviously, tore the NBA a new a$$hole....although his suns are in a deep hole, down 3-1 to the spurs....and that whole lebatard business, thats stupid... if Shaq was more deserving of the MVP (which I dont think he was, by the way), people like voting for nash because he is an UNDERDOG, not becasue he is white... people inherently want to support the underdog, so they vote for the skinny, short, mop-headed canadian, as opposed to the gigantic beast of a man who can overpower people without shoing any effort.

...and thats that.
CharginBrowns
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon May 14, 2007 2:09 pm

Update

Rick Nash: Canada goes undefeated and wins the gold at the world championships. Rick is clearly the best player in the tournament and wins tournament MVP.

Steve Nash: 2-time defending NBA MVP leads Suns to the second round of the playoffs. The Suns are down 2 games to 1 to the Spurs right now but Nash is the most valuable player in the playoffs right now.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Return to Toronto Blue Jays