Dollar Values of Players... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dollar Values of Players...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby trevisc » Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:18 am

there should be a pre-ranking list and if the person can't make it then the top person on their list in an open position gets picked.

that's the way yahoo does it in a live draft.
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Arlo » Sat Jan 11, 2003 9:06 am

Right, but there isn't really an equivalent default method in auctions.

And I hear you about the long-distance call, tallmike! I once had an owner who was in Europe on draft day on the line for hours... :-D

Gotta love dedication!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Dollar Values of Players...

Postby yankee.fan » Mon Jan 13, 2003 1:42 am

Dominican wrote:Where can I find this information? I want to distribute this data to my league. I'll be running the draft this year.

Why would you want to supply everyone in the league with the same dollar values? Maybe I'm missing something, but when I come up with my rankings/values, the last thing I want is for my competitors to know how I've valued different players. With some of the good advice in this thread so far, you must know that a sharp bidder with YOUR cheatsheet could influence YOUR draft.

Other teams will always ask me before the draft about my strategy, I'll give them tidbits or even misleading info. The draft is cut-throat as far as my friends are concerned. I have a guy who hates the Yankees, one of my best friends, and drafts Yankees just to piss me off. Last year he stole Soriano from me in the third round. He had an idea that he would do well, but the final push was that he knew I was going after him. Don't ever let the other guys know anything. Just my two cents.
yankee.fan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mkoss » Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:57 am

I agree Yankee.fan. Don't ever let other people know your intentions. Some people even bring two cheat sheets with them to a live draft--one they intend to use and one they intend to "accidentally" leak into the enemies' hands.
From the official rulebook of baseball: "Baseball is a game played between two teams of nine players each." Therefore, baseball is a game played only in the National League.
mkoss
Projections Project
Projections Project

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers