Joe Mauer need help badly - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Joe Mauer need help badly

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Joe Mauer need help badly

Postby mrider » Sat May 07, 2005 6:55 pm

Personally this guy pardon my language pisses me off. He plays awesome one game 4 for 5, 1 HR, 3 RBI, and 1 SB. Then the next day he sits whats up with this. If they dont want him to catch every day why dont they DH could someone answer my question.
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Joe Mauer need help badly

Postby Yoda » Sat May 07, 2005 7:10 pm

mrider wrote:Personally this guy pardon my language pisses me off. He plays awesome one game 4 for 5, 1 HR, 3 RBI, and 1 SB. Then the next day he sits whats up with this. If they dont want him to catch every day why dont they DH could someone answer my question.

I could be totally wrong here but his knee injury is preventing him from playing everyday. He had a busy day yesterday getting 4 hits and catching 9 innings.

I think the plan is to give him more rest in the beginning of the season to build him up so that they can give him about a day off per week which is normal for most catchers that only catch. He is a very significant investment/asset for the Twinkies and they are doing the right thing at the moment. They need him more at the end of the season for obvious reasons.

On the other hand, he is really playing well this season. He is entrenched at the 3 spot and with Morneau's return, he will have great numbers if he doesn't miss too much time. I bumped his projections up to .315, 22 HR, 86 RBI. Should be a top 3 catcher. ;-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dodger Blue » Sat May 07, 2005 7:22 pm

He gets alot of days off. Has to be his knee. Maybe it swells or something.
Dodger Blue
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Joe Mauer need help badly

Postby Chuckles » Sat May 07, 2005 7:48 pm

Yoda wrote:
mrider wrote:Personally this guy pardon my language pisses me off. He plays awesome one game 4 for 5, 1 HR, 3 RBI, and 1 SB. Then the next day he sits whats up with this. If they dont want him to catch every day why dont they DH could someone answer my question.

I could be totally wrong here but his knee injury is preventing him from playing everyday. He had a busy day yesterday getting 4 hits and catching 9 innings.

I think the plan is to give him more rest in the beginning of the season to build him up so that they can give him about a day off per week which is normal for most catchers that only catch. He is a very significant investment/asset for the Twinkies and they are doing the right thing at the moment. They need him more at the end of the season for obvious reasons.

On the other hand, he is really playing well this season. He is entrenched at the 3 spot and with Morneau's return, he will have great numbers if he doesn't miss too much time. I bumped his projections up to .315, 22 HR, 86 RBI. Should be a top 3 catcher. ;-D

Well Yoda, hope your are right I do!!!!!! ;-D :-D

I just picked him up yesterday so my first day with him as my catcher he's not playing...bummer!!!
If you can help:

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=313880

Thanks!!!

It's not the size of the dog in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!"
Chuckles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby acsguitar » Sat May 07, 2005 8:16 pm

Its freaking ridiculous...the manager said they are ready for Mauer to start playing everyday and that his knee looks great yet he sits every other day!!...at least freaking DH the Kid comeon!! Its terrible..He's a great hitter use him!!!! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby messenjah » Sat May 07, 2005 8:23 pm

Who's a better C this year, Mauer or Posada?
messenjah
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat May 07, 2005 9:01 pm

He can't play everyday. A catcher with a gimpy knee in his early 20s? Yikes. What were the Twins thinking when they took him over Mark Prior? Can you imagine Johan+Prior?
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Kazmir

Postby joeg24 » Sat May 07, 2005 9:02 pm

A lefty was on the mound too. As was CC last time he sat. They need to give him days off for obvious reasons so what better days then against decent lefties. Don't worry it will get better soon as they gain more confidence in his knee. Being a Twins fan I'm glad they are taking it easy on him as these games don't mean nearly as much as the september one vs the White Sox.
joeg24
College Coach
College Coach

s

Postby joeg24 » Sat May 07, 2005 9:06 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:He can't play everyday. A catcher with a gimpy knee in his early 20s? Yikes. What were the Twins thinking when they took him over Mark Prior? Can you imagine Johan+Prior?

Hmm a pitcher in his early 20's with a few injuries already?

I don't think we should question any moves Terry Ryan has made in the last half decade. Especially a catcher that looks liek a 320+ hitter with solid power adn elite defense already!

PLus it's not like Prior + Wood + Maddux + Zam have equaled much
joeg24
College Coach
College Coach

Re: s

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat May 07, 2005 9:08 pm

joeg24 wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:He can't play everyday. A catcher with a gimpy knee in his early 20s? Yikes. What were the Twins thinking when they took him over Mark Prior? Can you imagine Johan+Prior?

Hmm a pitcher in his early 20's with a few injuries already?

I don't think we should question any moves Terry Ryan has made in the last half decade. Especially a catcher that looks liek a 320+ hitter with solid power adn elite defense already!

PLus it's not like Prior + Wood + Maddux + Zam have equaled much

They've gotten farther than the Twins have in the past 10 years. Seriously, you can think taking Mauer over Prior was a good move, but I would say nearly everyone would want Prior. His injuries are behind him I think. His injury last year was due to overuse, pitching too many 130 pitch games. This year hes dominating and hovering around that 100-105 mark. Much better. But he should work out more, because it seems he gets problems every beginning of the year, probably from not staying in as good throwing shape as he should.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers