Matsui 6 for 48 = .125 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Matsui 6 for 48 = .125

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Matsui 6 for 48 = .125

Postby djack909 » Sat May 07, 2005 2:03 pm

I'm trying to trade for him. No bites yet. Buy low sell high.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat May 07, 2005 2:17 pm

Probably a good idea, but I am not a fan of that theory. Sometimes it works well, sometimes you get stuck with a guy that blows all season. Matsui will be fine longterm though...just do not overpay as the Yank offense is pretty lousy right now. Williams, Tino, and Giambi are 3 outs.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sat May 07, 2005 2:19 pm

I think it's a pretty smart move really. You know the Yanks won't be in this kind of funk all year, and he's the best fit for the clean-up spot outside of maybe Sheff. I'm trying to grab him in the leagues I don't have him. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Oat Soda » Sat May 07, 2005 2:24 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:You know the Yanks won't be in this kind of funk all year

That's why I think he'll be a tough "buy low" guy in most leagues. Good move if you can swing it, though.
Oat Soda
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby with_pleasure » Sat May 07, 2005 2:33 pm

I just traded Sabathia and Konerko for him in one league and Marcus Giles and Shawn Green for him and Derrick Turnbow in another (I have Roberts and Reyes - Giles was expendable).

We'll see how it works out.
with_pleasure
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Strasil42 » Sat May 07, 2005 2:50 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Probably a good idea, but I am not a fan of that theory. Sometimes it works well, sometimes you get stuck with a guy that blows all season. Matsui will be fine longterm though...just do not overpay as the Yank offense is pretty lousy right now. Williams, Tino, and Giambi are 3 outs.

hey tino just hit his 5th homer today. Give the old man a break.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat May 07, 2005 2:59 pm

I like Tino, but let's face it, he is well past his prime and should be a part-time player at this point. It was oriignally envisioned that he would split time at first with Giambi. Now he is basically playing every day. Which would not be such a bad thing if the team was hitting, but when you add in Bernie and Giambi doing nothing, Posada and Matsui slumping and having to see Womack and a rookie in Cano each day in the lineup, Tino is just one of the many dominoes falling in the wrong direction.

Sooner or later the Yanks are going to have to come to grips with the Giambi disaster and find a way to DL him permanently. He can't play 1b, he can't hit and he is a waste of a roster spot.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Punisher » Sat May 07, 2005 3:02 pm

Good idea, but if you know that the owner of Hideki is at least smart and knows something hell probably hang onto him, I have Hideki and all though im getting really pissed at him right now theres no way im trading him right now. He is bound to heat up
Screw the Peavy and Burnett Watches, I'm probably one of the laziest people in the world
The Punisher
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat May 07, 2005 4:32 pm

And to think people were talking about him in the MVP race after the first week. :-D
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Matthias » Sat May 07, 2005 4:38 pm

i'm sure matsui will be in the mvp talk, maybe not one of the top three favorites, but in the talk, at the end of the year. he has solid mechanics; isn't a wild flailing hitter; and will finish fine.

trading for him is a great idea; but as said above, would have to be an absolute idiot to give him up for anything less than what he was drafted for. he's one of the three yankees that scare me every time he comes to the plate; rodriguez i know will only get his hits when the yankees are up or down by 7 runs or more so he can do whatever he wants to monkey with his stats in meaningless games.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers