The DL stash - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The DL stash

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat May 07, 2005 1:44 pm

Bengie Molina?

What possible use could anyone have for him?

Here's a few available:
Lofton, Gload, Jacobson, Sierra, JuanGone, FGuzman
Trachsel, Almanzar, Madritsch, Alfonseca, Armas, Dessens, Jason Stanford (hmm),
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat May 07, 2005 2:14 pm

A spot start for the days your reg C has off. Not much value, but more useful than than a washed up OF that would NEVER, EVER crack your lineup even as a day-off replacement. You can find better OFs than Salmon on the free agent wire now in all liklihood.
Of course youmight be ablke to say the same thing about Molina depending on your league's depth. In 2C leagues, Molina has some value.

And R. Soriano is so unlikely to even pitch this year let alone pitch and be decent enough to warrant using I hardly see why you would want to bother.

The guys you listed do not have much value. You could go the Juan Gone/DL route but that is likely a waste of time as i has been for a few years now. Lofton for some speed, but he is pretty much useless now also. Do not see much there worth worrying about. Just grab one of the two and hope for the best.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat May 07, 2005 2:27 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:A spot start for the days your reg C has off. Not much value, but more useful than than a washed up OF that would NEVER, EVER crack your lineup even as a day-off replacement. You can find better OFs than Salmon on the free agent wire now in all liklihood.
Of course youmight be ablke to say the same thing about Molina depending on your league's depth. In 2C leagues, Molina has some value.

And R. Soriano is so unlikely to even pitch this year let alone pitch and be decent enough to warrant using I hardly see why you would want to bother.

The guys you listed do not have much value. You could go the Juan Gone/DL route but that is likely a waste of time as i has been for a few years now. Lofton for some speed, but he is pretty much useless now also. Do not see much there worth worrying about. Just grab one of the two and hope for the best.

I don't see an empty DL spot as a place to stash a waiver level catcher. I see it as a place to stash a potential high reward player. Beckett has basically no value for me last year when I stashed him. This year, he's been awesome. Soriano or Jason Stanford are the kinds of guys you put in that slot, not the Molinas of this world.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby cloverhurstdawg » Sat May 07, 2005 2:40 pm

I just picked up Jason Werth.
cloverhurstdawg
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat May 07, 2005 2:40 pm

Neither those 2 are Beckett caliber stuff and Beckett should not have been lying around last year on the free agent wire. What kind of league you playing in where Beckett is cut in 04?

You want to try near rookie unknowns like Stanford who just underwent TJ surgery in July 04 fine, but that is a very low probability of success move and it is not like Stanford is Beckett caliber.

Soriano also has TJ surgery and even if he makes it back by the AS break, how good is he likely to be, esp if he does not assume a starting role immediately? They may throw him in the bullpen as a MR making him near worthless. You have nothing to lose, but sometimes it is better to take a somewhat useful bench player over some total shot in the dark.

And even in a keeper, I can't see your team being so bad that either of the two cracks your keeper list unless you are keeping an awful lot of players or are in a very, very deep league.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat May 07, 2005 5:16 pm

Never said either was of Beckett caliber, but then they are more promising then Bengie Molina.

Can't recall the circumstances that made Beckett available, but it is unusual to see that in my league. It's a 16 team very deep league, with managers who run and write for fantasy web sites.

Other than Molina, who has no value, all you've done is knock down names. No one you have suggested is available. How about actually suggesting someone that IS available?
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby Onyx » Sat May 07, 2005 11:41 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:A spot start for the days your reg C has off. Not much value, but more useful than than a washed up OF that would NEVER, EVER crack your lineup even as a day-off replacement. You can find better OFs than Salmon on the free agent wire now in all liklihood.

I don't see an empty DL spot as a place to stash a waiver level catcher. I see it as a place to stash a potential high reward player. Beckett has basically no value for me last year when I stashed him. This year, he's been awesome. Soriano or Jason Stanford are the kinds of guys you put in that slot, not the Molinas of this world.

I agree. I little bit of thinking ahead can set you up for years. Its not all about winning this year but winning for the next 5 years. Obviously depends on your league setup though.
;-D
Onyx
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CoopernicusX » Sun May 08, 2005 9:27 am

Don't forget about Baldelli...
"You can observe a lot by watching." - YOGI
CoopernicusX
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sun May 08, 2005 10:57 am

CoopernicusX wrote:Don't forget about Baldelli...

Already got him :)
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers