Kaz Matsui vs. Biggio - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kaz Matsui vs. Biggio

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kaz Matsui vs. Biggio

Postby cafe_58 » Fri May 06, 2005 4:49 pm

Which one of these 2nd basemen do you think will have the better season?

Kaz was picked pretty high in most league, and has disappointed so far. He is underacheiving in every catergory right now in comparison to most people's expectations. The Mets do have a solid line-up, however. So, if Kaz ever got on track, he could be a very solid 2nd basemen for any team. I've seen people starting to drop him, and I think it could be a mistake.

Biggio, on the other hand, was either drafted really late or not at all. He's been a pretty solid so far - it looks like he'll match last years totals. At this rate, I think Biggio makes a very good value pick at 2nd base.

Anyways, just wanted to what you thought of these two players. To me, they both seem very similar, but Kaz has a better offense on his side. While Biggio has proven himself as a long time vetern.

Thoughts?
cafe_58
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You can find me in da dome, chillin wit Jarome.......

Postby great gretzky » Fri May 06, 2005 4:53 pm

i don;t think it is much up for debate right now or season long. Biggio's offense may be worse, but the guy is producing. And he had a productive season last year considering.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Darkie Satchels » Fri May 06, 2005 5:05 pm

Plus the NY fans are harsh on underperformance. Look for Kaz to either sit or be shot.

Great indie Music Website: http://www.pensatos.com
Darkie Satchels
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby seniorpaul » Fri May 06, 2005 5:20 pm

This is a no brainer to me. I would MUCH rather have Biggio. The reason Biggio was drafted later than Matsui was because he only had OF eligibility to start the season. While his numbers last season made him a average/slightly below average outfeilder, they would have been great for a 2B.
seniorpaul
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Fri May 06, 2005 5:25 pm

The only reason I would take Kaz over Biggio would be if I really need steals. Otherwise I think Biggio easy. Biggio was drafted late or not at all but that had a lot to do with people thinking he'd be an OFer where he is less than mediocre fantasy-wise. I think Biggio would have been a much higher draft choice if we'd known he'd be 2B-eligible.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Slump Busters » Sat May 07, 2005 1:45 am

But Kaz is not running. Nor is Beltre, in fact the entire team is not running. Is it situational or is it the managerial style. I am very close to dropping Kaz. Utley is available, but Utley offers no steals. Therfore the real reason for owning Kaz is the steals if he cant or wont be allowed to run then he is useless.
Slump Busters
College Coach
College Coach

Postby slomo007 » Sat May 07, 2005 1:48 am

Slump Busters wrote:But Kaz is not running. Nor is Beltre, in fact the entire team is not running. Is it situational or is it the managerial style. I am very close to dropping Kaz. Utley is available, but Utley offers no steals. Therfore the real reason for owning Kaz is the steals if he cant or wont be allowed to run then he is useless.

I would MUCH rather have Utley than Kaz. Kaz is worthless, he hit 8th today, and that's likely where he'll stay. That will almost completely cut out steals IMO because of the pitcher batting behind him. Why steal with a pitcher at the plate who can sacrifice you to 2nd, and then you could score on a base hit anyways?

He is a fantasy bust, and yes I was burned by him. Can't stand the guy actually. }:-)
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby rlee » Sat May 07, 2005 11:22 am

Right now, I would take Biggio over Kaz in a second. The way Kaz is playing now and the way Randolph has apparently slowed the running game, I wouldn't be surprised if Biggio winds up with more SBs than Kaz. 8-o

I dropped Kaz early into the season and was lucky enough to pick up Barmes. B-)
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby The Punisher » Sat May 07, 2005 12:32 pm

Id much rather have Biggio over Kaz, Kaz is not running and thats one of his best qualities so therefore he has been a huge bust this year and last year. I wouldnt really want him on my team right now or for most of the year unless he somehow heats up greatly.
Screw the Peavy and Burnett Watches, I'm probably one of the laziest people in the world
The Punisher
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers