H2H Team -- Where do I need improvement? -Please Link Yours - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

H2H Team -- Where do I need improvement? -Please Link Yours

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Little Devils » Fri May 06, 2005 9:17 pm

yeah i looked at this again, and i would try to get rid of reyes and get like guillen or renteria.
Little Devils
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LilRascal23 » Sat May 07, 2005 2:40 pm

I started the season with Nomar at SS, but that experiment obviously did not work between his horrid start and his groin injury.

I will look to upgrade Reyes at SS, but he has great utility being able to play both SS and 2B. I think he has tremendous upside.

Any thoughts on adding Mike Cameron, or another OF, to this roster to bolster my OF until Berkman is fully back in form? Rowand, Matos, Hidalgo and Wells are all available at this point.

Since this is H2H and not Roto, I am not real worried about Cameron's strikeout totals, and I am intrigued by his power/speed ratio.

Any thoughts would be appreciated and feel free to link your posts.
LilRascal23
College Coach
College Coach

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Sat May 07, 2005 3:03 pm

maybe package turnbow and reyes for a better ss?
whoseyourdaddy12
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Mission: break the curse of the Chicago Cubs in Rubber Game

Postby hambone1818 » Sat May 07, 2005 3:56 pm

Very nice squad, I like it alot. Looking down the list it's almost as though there's very little you should and could do, it's such a deep, stacked team. Personally I'd hold off on any moves cause with that team you should cruise into the playoffs. However, if there is a move to be made I have to agree with the others: the middle infield could use some work. Maybe one of Bedard/Greinke/Escobar and either Boone or Reyes for a big-time replacement...I'd personally go the Reyes route, better chance at upgrading. Kent, Roberts, Figgins and Barmes are all too high right now, you wouldn't get a fair shake.

That said, if you're picking up a middle infielder try and get some SB's out of the deal, especially if you're losing Reyes. You could use some.
hambone1818
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Harry Caray » Sat May 07, 2005 4:03 pm

Deal Berkman for a better SS, someone who will steal some bases. Cincinatti will use WM Pena once they realize that Griffey does indeed suck. I bet within 2 weeks WM is playing everday. Berkman won't put up great numbers this year with no protection, but he could get you a better SS. Wait till WM is playing reg and then put out some offers. You have a strong team otherwise so don't make any moves too quick or accept a trade that isn't fair. Oh, if you make daily lineup changes get Turnbow in there. You will be low on saves for your league otherwise.
Harry Caray
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby The Loveable Losers » Sat May 07, 2005 4:05 pm

I'd definitely go the Turnbow + Reyes route or maybe just try to upgrade your DH position with any hitter (package Wright + Turnbow).
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

good team

Postby damonramirez » Sat May 07, 2005 5:17 pm

My god - great team... I'd like to see a few more redsox on the team, but other than that - great team.
If anything, you could probably get stronger at second. I think that both clint barnes and brian roberts are the real deal. Maybe someone in your league doesn't hold them as highly as i do.

Thanks for the advice earlier
damonramirez
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby KrazyA428 » Sat May 07, 2005 5:24 pm

this looks like a really good team, the only hole being reyes at SS, which is not even that big of a hole. You should do great his year!
KrazyA428
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby cisco481 » Sat May 07, 2005 8:50 pm

this is a very good team. I would look to trade for either a second baseman or a SS to improve. Other than that it is a very strong team.
cisco481
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby LilRascal23 » Tue May 10, 2005 6:01 pm

I just picked up Mike Cameron for Joel Pineiro. Pineiro has been lit up this year and seems to face the Red Sox and Yankees every week.

Cameron will be a nice fill-in while Wily Mo is on DL and while Berkman gets back into the flow.

Any other thoughts on this team are greatly appreciated. Will gladly answer yours. Thanks.
LilRascal23
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team