What should I download? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What should I download?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pedantic » Sun May 08, 2005 2:33 am

Download Dido's "Life For Rent" and "No Angel" albums. What? Why is everyone looking at me like that? What's wrong with Dido?
Image
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 6725
Joined: 5 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Funny movie quote that everyone knows

Postby Phatferd » Sun May 08, 2005 3:02 am

Hey Blankman, Dispatch is good. I like The General a lot. Play that sh*t loud and kick it with a Corona every summer when my family gets a beach house in Newport Beach, CA for a week.

If you like Dispatch then listen to almost any Ben Harper. Anything from Fight Your Mind is good. Gotta love Burn One Down, its the stoners anthem, but its still a great song.

I have alost gotten into Gavin DeGraw, his cover of Let's Get it On is good stuff. Call me gay if you want, but that dude has some good soul/blues sound going on in his voice. I love the blues. If you like the blues get anything Muddy Waters. Haha, see how off track I am now.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4058
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Highway 10

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun May 08, 2005 8:37 am

Download "Safety Dance" by Men Without Hats.

"We can dance if we want to, and leave your friends behind
Because if they dont dance and if they dont dance
then they aint no friends of mine"
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby blankman » Sun May 08, 2005 1:34 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:Download "Safety Dance" by Men Without Hats.

"We can dance if we want to, and leave your friends behind
Because if they dont dance and if they dont dance
then they aint no friends of mine"


Excellent song
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Sun May 08, 2005 1:35 pm

Phatferd wrote:Hey Blankman, Dispatch is good. I like The General a lot. Play that sh*t loud and kick it with a Corona every summer when my family gets a beach house in Newport Beach, CA for a week.

If you like Dispatch then listen to almost any Ben Harper. Anything from Fight Your Mind is good. Gotta love Burn One Down, its the stoners anthem, but its still a great song.

I have alost gotten into Gavin DeGraw, his cover of Let's Get it On is good stuff. Call me gay if you want, but that dude has some good soul/blues sound going on in his voice. I love the blues. If you like the blues get anything Muddy Waters. Haha, see how off track I am now.


I've got a lot of Ben Harper but have yet to listen to it. I'll check it out.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Sun May 08, 2005 1:36 pm

quietstorm, excellent list.

Locomotive Breath is among the best songs of all time IMO.

Jimmy Buffet is great but you can't forget God's Own Drunk, the story of him and a bear getting drunk on whiskey at his brother's still.

Five Iron Frenzy- you can't forget Every New Day or My Evil Plan to Save the World. ;-D
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JRM4833 » Sun May 08, 2005 1:59 pm

Lofunzo wrote:JRM.......Not only did you get rid of Pedro but we gotta see that ankle again?? :-P


:-b :-D It was a short notice thing. I don't get the whole pixels thing yet so I'm trying to find an avatar that fits. That was the smallest one I could find. So until I figure out Photoshop, you're stuck looking at it. :-b

Anyways, this looks like some great and diverse stuff here. Just what I was looking for since I already have so much. There's always more out there though. I'll post a few more myself.
Image

________________
One man with courage makes a majority.
Andrew Jackson
JRM4833
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3308
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 18 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Where else ... Boston

Postby quietstorm » Sun May 08, 2005 2:00 pm

blankman wrote:quietstorm, excellent list.

Locomotive Breath is among the best songs of all time IMO.

Jimmy Buffet is great but you can't forget God's Own Drunk, the story of him and a bear getting drunk on whiskey at his brother's still.

Five Iron Frenzy- you can't forget Every New Day or My Evil Plan to Save the World. ;-D

Oh, I forgot "Every New Day." To be honest, though, "My Evil Plan..." isn't one of my favorites.

I also forgot...

Five Iron Frenzy - The Cross of St. Andrew
Your wisemen don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick...
quietstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 758
Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JRM4833 » Sun May 08, 2005 2:14 pm

This is a pretty damn random list, but here goes:

Barry McGuire - Eve of Destruction
Beastie Boys & Cypress Hill - So Whatcha Want
Ben Harper - Ain't No Sunshine (Tom Jones cover)
Bill Joel - Captain Jack & Goodnight Saigon
Black Sheep - The Choice Is Yours
Blues Brothers - Soul Man
Charlie Mingus - Anything really, nice jazz
Dave Mathews - In My Life (Beatles Cover)
David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust
Digital Underground - The Way We Swing
Eminem - Any of his "diss" songs on Benzino or Ja Rule
George Thorogood - One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer
Gov't Mule - Anything. Warren Haynes.
J Geils Band - Musta Got Lost (Live version)
Jay Z & The Beatles (Mixed by DJ Danger Mouse) - The Grey Album, which is a mix of the Beatles' White Album and Jay Z's Black Album.
Zepellin - Tangerine (among 100 others)
Lynard Skynard - Simple Man
Melissa Etheridge - Any of her live stuff is pretty awesome. Her version of Bruce's Born to Run from the 9/11 concert is the best version I've ever heard.
Method Man - Breakups 2 Makeups and anything from Tical.
Biggie - Fing You Tonight
The Gourds - Gin & Juice (Country band covering Snoop)
Sammy Davis Jr. - Mr. Bojangles
The Streets - Dry Your Eyes
Van Morrison - Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This
Victor Wooten - Anything.
Wyclef - Stayin' Alive, Guantanamera

Thanks again. I'll be enjoying some downloads tonight. ;-D
Image

________________
One man with courage makes a majority.
Andrew Jackson
JRM4833
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3308
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 18 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Where else ... Boston

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 0:52 hours
(and 55 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact