Return to Baseball Leftovers

f rodriguez to the cubs?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

f rodriguez to the cubs?

Postby Strasil42 » Fri May 06, 2005 2:26 pm

didnt see this posted anywhere.

From rotoworld.com
Felix Rodriguez - R - Yankees

The Cubs are interested in acquiring relief pitcher Felix Rodriguez from the Yankees.
They can get him for market value and the Yankees don't really need him. He's pitched for Dusty Baker before in San Francisco and could be useful for the depleted Cubs' staff. May. 6 - 8:05 am et
Source: Chicago Tribune

Thoughts?
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chadlincoln » Fri May 06, 2005 2:46 pm

For a minute there, I thought you meant F. Rodriguez as in Francisco Rodriguez, as in K-rod. I was going to be really happy about that.

Now that I know it's Felix Rodriguez, not too happy. Only because that Yankee bull-pen is solid is amazing and we'd love to have someone from their pen. :-t
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Conner » Fri May 06, 2005 2:49 pm

Believe me if you want...but I know of somebody who overheard a conversation F-Rod was having over his cell phone, in restaraunt in a hotel a few days ago. The guy is Cuban and I suppose F-Rod, who was at the next table, felt comfortable speaking in Spanish rather loudly. The gist of the conversation was, I paraphrase: "I hate it here", "They are saying I'm going to be traded to either San Francisco or Chicago and I can't wait". He didn't specify which team in Chicago though.

I also know somone else who spoke to a reporter, and Rodriguez was, indeed staying at that hotel, and was seen on his cell phone for about an hour at that restaraunt.

I'm just wondering what the Cubs might give up for him.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BigMusky » Fri May 06, 2005 2:52 pm

the information on this site is amazing sometimes...
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby nsulham » Fri May 06, 2005 2:53 pm

Conner wrote:Believe me if you want...but I know of somebody who overheard a conversation F-Rod was having over his cell phone, in restaraunt in a hotel a few days ago. The guy is Cuban and I suppose F-Rod, who was at the next table, felt comfortable speaking in Spanish rather loudly. The gist of the conversation was, I paraphrase: "I hate it here", "They are saying I'm going to be traded to either San Francisco or Chicago and I can't wait". He didn't specify which team in Chicago though.

I also know somone else who spoke to a reporter, and Rodriguez was, indeed staying at that hotel, and was seen on his cell phone for about an hour at that restaraunt.

They'd be crazy to give up anyone of note. Maybe a mid-minor or something like that.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Irish » Fri May 06, 2005 2:54 pm

BigMusky wrote:the information on this site is amazing sometimes...

I was just thinking the same thing.

Nice inside tip, I feel like Martha Stewart....... :-o
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Strasil42 » Fri May 06, 2005 3:04 pm

Irish wrote:
BigMusky wrote:the information on this site is amazing sometimes...

I was just thinking the same thing.

Nice inside tip, I feel like Martha Stewart....... :-o

yah this site rocks. ;-D
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby rmeesig » Fri May 06, 2005 3:07 pm

Conner wrote:Believe me if you want...but I know of somebody who overheard a conversation F-Rod was having over his cell phone, in restaraunt in a hotel a few days ago. The guy is Cuban and I suppose F-Rod, who was at the next table, felt comfortable speaking in Spanish rather loudly. The gist of the conversation was, I paraphrase: "I hate it here", "They are saying I'm going to be traded to either San Francisco or Chicago and I can't wait". He didn't specify which team in Chicago though.

You know somebody? Or you read this thread...

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=82549

Just thought I would pass along a little story concerning F-Rod. My parents are staying at the Vinoy in St. Pete, great bar by the way for those over 21, and my father overheard a conversation F-Rod was having over his cell phone. My Dad is Cuban and I suppose F-Rod, who was at the next table, felt comfortable speaking in Spanish rather loudly. The gist of the conversation was, I paraphrase:"I hate it here", "They are saying I'm going to be traded to either San Francisco or Chicago and I can't wait". He didn't specify which team in Chicago though.

Anyway, take the above for what you will. Since nobody on this forum knows my father you are welcome to believe it or not.

:-?
Last edited by rmeesig on Fri May 06, 2005 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If a man dwells on the past, then he robs the present.
But if a man ignores the past, he may rob the future.
The seeds of our destiny are nurtured by the roots of our past.
[i]-- Master Po[/i]
rmeesig
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Conner » Fri May 06, 2005 3:09 pm

nsulham wrote:

They'd be crazy to give up anyone of note. Maybe a mid-minor or something like that.

F-Rod is still a very good relief pitcher...and I'm sure the Yanks will pick up most of his salary, if needed.

He was just traded for Kenny Lofton over the offseason (who's a pretty decent major league starting centerfielder)....but, obviously, I'm not suggesting Corey Patterson or anything. A centerfielder would be great, though.

I guess we'll see. The Yanks designated Steve Karsay for assignment, and are supposedly trying to work out a trade for him before the 10 days expires, too.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Conner » Fri May 06, 2005 3:14 pm

rmeesig wrote:

You know somebody? Or you read this thread...

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=82549

:-?

I said I know OF somebody. Clearly just passing along info.

If I wanted to take credit for it...don't you think I'd just say it was me who heard the conversation?

Besides...I haven't been to that site in about a year. It stinks, and I don't like it. I know that the guy who asked a reporter to verify it does post there...but did he mention that in that thread? The verification is really the most important part anyway. And I do know that guy.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers