Turnbow's Value - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Turnbow's Value

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Simulacrum » Fri May 06, 2005 4:07 pm

Steve-o wrote:I hate to advertise for ESPN, but a good way to get values of players is to look them up on the ESPN MLB homepage, click on players, enter the name, then fantasy, then click on all trades accepted.

Here is a link:

http://games.espn.go.com/cgi/flb/reques ... rIDTo=6420

1 for 1 trades in the last 15 days or so include: Bartolo Colon, Danys Baez, Kyle Lohse, Luis Matos, and Kelvim Escobar.

Frankly I think the starters in that list are too much to give up for him, but it gives you a good idea.

Wow, that link is an awesome resource. Thanks for sharing.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Irish » Fri May 06, 2005 4:14 pm

Yoda wrote:
Irish wrote:Corey Patterson type players.

Mid-level outfielder type guys, but even that might be pushing it. I think most people don't like trading away value for someone they could have picked up off the waiver wire two weeks ago. You might want to wait longer.

In what league/format would you be able to get Corey Patterson for Turnbow? Seems like an awful lot for an unproven closer with a long history of control problems... Patterson is only one of the best young 5 cat players in baseball.

I didn't really think about it, just put a middle level guy out there that plays OF that could be expendable in a redraft for someone who needs a closer.

I personally wouldn't give that much, but Turnbow has been putting up really good numbers (including BS, Wins) that make him look good.

How about Lew Ford, you more comfortable with that? ;-D
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Fri May 06, 2005 4:44 pm

Irish wrote:I didn't really think about it, just put a middle level guy out there that plays OF that could be expendable in a redraft for someone who needs a closer.

I personally wouldn't give that much, but Turnbow has been putting up really good numbers (including BS, Wins) that make him look good.

How about Lew Ford, you more comfortable with that? ;-D

I know what you are trying to say but Patterson would be worth significantly more than someone just picked up off waivers.

I think Turnbow, given the fact that he solidified his position, would be worth more than Lew Ford. I think it would depend on your needs and what you are trading away but a 3rd or 4th solid OF sounds about right.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers