Big Money League, I leave great replys... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Big Money League, I leave great replys...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Big Money League, I leave great replys...

Postby AT » Fri May 06, 2005 1:26 pm

5x5 Yahoo Roto 9 Team League
$3 Add/Drop $5 Per Trade Big Entry Fee

C R. Hernandez
1B M. Teixeira
2B C. Barmes
3B A. Rodriguez
SS J. Reyes
CI T. Hafner
MI M. Young (recent acquisition)
OF J. Guillen (recent acquisition)
OF M. Ramirez
OF C. Figgins
OF S. Podsednik
UT T. Glaus
BN A. Rowand
BN A. Sanchez (recent acquisition)

SP K. Escobar
SP L. Hernandez
SP M. Morris
SP E. Bedard
RP F. Cordero
RP M. Batista
RP B. Lyon
P J. Patterson
P B. Myers
BN G. Chacin
BN Z. Greinke
BN D. Haren
DL K. Wood
DL J. Borowski

I'm leading in K's, dominating in Saves and SB's, gaining in ERA/WHIP (still bottom half) but getting killed in Wins and starting to gain in HR/RBI/AVG.

How would you evaluate my team? Suggestions for improvement?

THANKS! LEAVE LINK I'll Respond.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jw2960 » Fri May 06, 2005 3:06 pm

in a nine team league should you really have d haren(4 losses)? im sure someone on the WW should be able to pick you up a few wins. its tough to say tho w/o knowing whos available.
jw2960 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Little Devils » Fri May 06, 2005 3:09 pm

you're team is really strong, your pitching is risky, and maybe you could do a two for one for a struggling closer like hoffman.
Little Devils
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jzfran » Fri May 06, 2005 3:13 pm

Danny Haren is a bad pitcher for a 9 team league. I am in an 8 team league and I picked him up when he was hot, but now, he is not pitching well and I dont think anyone else would think of picking him up. Also, why do u still have Rowand. He's not that good, and hes really struggling this year! .235 avg! Good luck to you though. It seems like you have a pretty decent lineup and a solid rotation.

Thanks a lot
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=124264
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

Postby autografik » Fri May 06, 2005 3:31 pm

I don't think your rotation is as strong as it should be in a 9-team league. I'd look to move Borowski on the eve of his return, and hopefully another team in need of a closer will ignore his high ERA/WHIP and overall mediocre potential - maybe package him with a pitcher like Bedard for someone solid. Even think about moving Barmes now while he's still swinging big, if you're the sort that believes in gravity. Make a move for someone like Burnett - or Sheets, though he might not bring the wins you need. Could throw Bedard out to get a bit better in return - you risk giving up a potentially good young pitcher, but you'll get confidence and certainty in return. Assuming this isn't a keeper league.

Also do your best to get somebody with tinted contact lenses before they start testing for them.
autografik
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby DeAndre77 » Fri May 06, 2005 4:45 pm

Thanks for your input...I'm about to upgrade my 1B...maybe Halladay for Nevin & Pavano what do you think? Try to salvage my team. Anywho, about your team:
Batting:
Tex/Barmes/A-Rod/Reyes/Hafner/Ramirez/Pods/Figgins....REAL NICE I wish I had one of these guys....Reyes is going to have a breakout year...and he's on the Mets....SB and OBP is excellent...don't count on him for walks obviously...with him and Pods you should win that category every week. Got power in Manny and A-Rod....Rowand I'm a fan of too....Glaus may get healthier...

Pitching:
I think that Haren and Patterson need to go..Livan is nice, I have him...plenty of CG's from him....Batista and Lyon are great closers, almost 20 saves between them...another surprise good closer I'd get is Mesa if possible. Bedard threw 12 K's into the 8th yesterday...and playing for the O's he'll get run support, I really like the pitching...Bengie Molina is coming off of the DL as a catcher and Wade Miller I picked up, good K's if healthy...taking a chance myself. Thanks again
DeAndre77
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby redsoxguy111 » Fri May 06, 2005 5:23 pm

I think that your hitting is great, but your starting pitching is a little lacking in a great #1. Maybe try to package some people in and try to get a great starter.

My link is down in my signature by the way. :-D
Last edited by redsoxguy111 on Fri May 06, 2005 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks Soty for the amazing sig.
redsoxguy111
College Coach
College Coach

Postby LilRascal23 » Fri May 06, 2005 5:40 pm

I have to disagree with some of the above posters. I like a number of your starting pitchers -- including Patterson, Bedard, Escobar, Lyon, Myers and Wood.

I think your hitting more than compensates for the lack of a clear Ace with Manny, A-Rod and Teixera. I think Guillen is vastly underrated as is Reyes.

I would look to grab another closer and try to upgrade from Hafner. A lot of people are real high on him, but I think he is only a better than average 1B/DH. Eric Hinske is under the radar at this point and is putting up good numbers across the board. Just a thought.

You might want to take a look at Miguel Batista or someone like that to add as another closer.

If you get a chance, please take a look at:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=124255
LilRascal23
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team